So who are the older Duke Wayne members who are still here?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,825 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm still here. :blush: I guess the "originals" are all talked out. We've just about discussed everything Duke there is, unless we're missing something. That, and with the rise of social media I figured some don't go any further than Facebook. Just a guess. But glad to see you jump back in here Robbie!!

• Nice to see some familiar names here again! Guess I'm a slacker too, don't get by too often anymore. Technology seems to have out distanced me!! I've only been around here for 10 years, but have enjoyed lots of discussions. Having lived past my 3 score and 10 I've slowed down a bit, but will try to make it back more often.

• It's been a year since The Ringo Kid started this thread. I'm still here, though not as often. Come in to see if any new discussions might be of interest from time to time. Ringo, hope you were able to acquire a new laptop or pc of some kind.

• We need to hang around for as long as we can. There are more and more young people who don't know who John Wayne was so, we need to be sure the world don't turn to crap. I don't live far from the National Cowboy Museum so, I go by and visit Duke's exhibit sometimes to get some new blood.
    Big Iron

• Hey, fellas, I'm still hanging around. Don't get in here much, but still keep the door ajar for easy entry. Can't remember what year I joined, but I think I was in my 50's then, going on 72 now.

Just checked, joined here in Oct. '05. I was 58 then. So young. Now, heading to 72 at seemingly breakneck speed.

• It's great to have you checking in, WaynamoJim and Big Jim! The door is always open, and Kevin keeps the furnace lit. Keep on stopping by!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Greetings Partners!
    I just turned 66, & I believe I’ve been throwing the rope here since (just) 2013.
    It’s a shame nothing has been added to the “available” Filmography in quite some time! It was such fun in the past obtaining that rare “find” on Duke’s list of B&W Oldies.There are several out there that haven’t been released or Lost , and as a very serious JW Film Collector, I research frequently.
    Should any of you Members obtain tips on any rare films of yore, I’d love to hear from any & all of you!
    Happy Holidays to Everyone!

• Big Iron , "They won't say I'm old to my face."

Thats because of that "Big Iron" on your hip. lol.
    Marty Robbins song is one of my favorites.
    "Texas Red had not cleared leather, when a bullet fairly ripped."

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Kevin,

Thanks for keeping the forum going!

I’ve been a part of this group since 2006 and though I’m not as active as I used to be I still enjoy reading the posts.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I've been here since 2010. Those first years were great. So much on
    "The Quiet Man" and many of dukes movies.
    We went to Ireland in 2007 with a church group, stayed several days after the group left. Went to The Bridge, Cong and the train station.
    Took the Cong tour, loved every minute of it.
    Bought the movie music and some more Irish music. I tip my hat
    to John Ford for the music in his movies.Outstanding, beautiful
    music. He also had people walking around at night playing music
    while making a movie.
    I still may go back to Ireland and Cong. We loved that trip over there. I am part Scotch- Irish. I know that probably means that part is just Scotch, but in my heart I am Irish.
    When i get an email from the website, I usually come here and
    read and make a comment if appropriate. Sometimes i make a comment to bring that page to life. I am 76, but will be around until at least 90.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().

• I have not been on here very long, but have been a J.W. fan since I can remember. I will turn 75 in Jan. and still remember going to the theater every time a new movie came out. In 1954 I was 10 and saw the High and The Mighty. For a year or more after I would whistle the theme song. As of now I have collected 140 of his movies on DVD, and several TV, special appearances and Documentaries. I know that there are still more out there that I haven't acquired yet, but I will keep looking. I used to think I was the biggest J.W. fan, but after finding this site, I see he has quite a lot of big fans.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

• Always good to hear from another "old guy". I've got you beat by a couple yrs. I don't have a lot of JW stuff anymore 'cause I'm trying to be sure the young "whippersnappers" know about him and collect his stuff. When we're gone who the hell is going to teach these kids what a real man is like.
    You guys and gals have a Merry Christmas.
    Big Iron