Pat Stacy Donahugh

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kindword.

• Pat Stacy Donahugh

Hi Everyone,

I've been researching Pat Stacy and found the below Obituary in the Orange County Register - thought you might like to read it. It says a lot about Pat and how kind she was.
      Pat's maiden name was Canoy. As you can see in the article, there is a person by the name of Canoy listed as her child, but I think it was a niece who went to live with Pat at a young age.
      If anyone can set me straight on this, I'd appreciate it.

Extract from Santa Ana Orange County Register (Newspaper)
      April 30, 1995, Santa Anna, California METRO 6 The Orange County Register
      OBITUARIES
      PAT STACY DONAHUGH
      DIES, MOTION PICTURE INDUSTRY, GREAT LADY Corona del Mar California, April 27, 1995...
      Pat Donahugh died of lung cancer, April 25 at 8:00 p.m. at the Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, CA. She was born June 6,1941 in Forest, Louisiana.
      Pat graduated from NLU in Louisiana then became a teacher in Monroe.
      California called her and she began working at the Arthur Anderson Company in Beverly - Hills, after that becoming an assistant working seven years for John Wayne. After the Duke died she worked for Donald L. Bren of the Irvine Company in Newport Beach. She then met and married Richard Donahugh of Capital Analysts of Corona Del Mar.
      Pat wrote a book entitled "Duke, A Love Story.' The "Duke" read as a eulogy at Howard Hawk’s funeral: "Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.", and as she stated in her book, the"Duke" never truly died, but was always in her heart, just as Pat will always be in the hearts of her friends and family.
      She leaves behind a loving group of community friends and family, mother, Ethylene A. Canoy; husband of thirteen years, Richard Donahugh, children; Clancy Canoy; Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Donahugh; Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Lane; Jim Donahugh; grandchildren James and Taylor Lane and Brigette Donahugh.
      During her illness, with much bravery fighting the cancer, she devoted time, charity and love extended to two charities: Angel Charity for Children, P.O. Box 13318, Tucson Arizona, 85732 and Pilgrimage Family Therapy Center, 25231 Pasco Dc Alicia, Suite 205, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, instead of flowers she requested donations be made to the above.
      Memorial Services will be held Tuesday, May 2 1995 at 2:00 p.m. at her church.
      Rancho Capistrano Church, 29251 Camino Capistrano in San Juan Capistrano.

Kindword
    • Hello and welcome to the forum, Kindword. I enjoyed reading Pat's book about the last years of Duke's life. I had wondered what happened to her after Duke. Now, I sort of know. If you don't mind me asking, are you researching Pat Stacy for your own knowledge, or do you have a project in the works?

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "