The silver hat band!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Big Jim.

• The silver hat band!

Hey ladies and gents, I’m new to this forum but am on a search for my father, can any of you lead me in the direction of one of John Wayne’s movies where he leaves his hat (possibly one with a silver band possibly not) or just his hat band with a lady and says something along the lines of “I wont Be needing this where I’m going” or something to that nature. My dad got the replica silver hat band that John Wayne had in a movie but my dad swears there’s a John Wayne movie that has that and I’ve been searching far and wide on the web with no success! Any help would be great! Thanks!
    • Hi @Jessej welcome to the forum!

Duke wears a silver hat band in El Dorando
      duke_eldorando_.jpg
      Not sure about the scene your thinking of. maybe someone will jump in with some ideas!
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com
    • I think you might be thinking of Rio bravo when Duke gives dean Martin his guns and his hat back after he sobers up. The women is Angie Dickinson as Feathers. Dean Martin then tosses it to JT and when he throws it back he puts his headband in the drawer for Fear he would buy alcohol with it.