A Christmas Carol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by WaynamoJim.

• A Christmas Carol

With Christmas coming on fast, we will no doubt see every version of A Christmas Carol or Scrooge on the tube. We all have our favorite version. Mine has always been the 1951 Alastair Sim version. I always felt he was more believable in his turn around.

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Which version is your favorite? Maybe there is one or two I've not seen.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • I have to say my favorite version is from 1938 starring Reginald Owens and Gene Lockhart. Its the one I always watch just before Christmas with the family.

p4002_v_v8_aa[1].jpg
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

I like both the 1938 and 1951 version, with the 1938 version edging out the '51. After all, besides the fine actor Reginald Owen, it also stars the near entire Lockhart family, Gene, his wife, Kathleen and of course, daughter June is one of the Cratchit daughters.Only other version I really liked was the Disney animated one from a few years back with Jim Carrey as Scrooge. I got to see it in 3D in the theaters and it was pretty impressive.