Looking For and Old Movie.

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,247 times. The latest Post () was by Zorro.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am trying to find a movie I saw as a kid.

It was a John Wayne movie to my memory.

This would have been about 1970.

This one had a quite graphic hanging scene. I think the bandits name was "Black Bart".

John Wayne chased him down and hanged him on the spot.

Anyone else know the Movie?

• Hi @Zorro and welcome to the forum. I don't recall a Duke movie as you described. Possibly your remembering another movie starring a different actor.

The only Duke movie in and around 1970 that had a hanging in it was True Grit (1969). It had a scene that several people where hanged in the town center while Judge Parker watched from his perch at the courthouse.

• We meet Jacob McCandles for the first time in BIG JAKE when he saves the sheep herder from hanging with "Dog" - but nobody named Black Bart.

" I thought you were dead".

" Not hardly".

How graphic was the hanging?

• QUITE GRAPHIC. The movie started with a chase then he was caught and hanged.

Not much in between.

All the start was chase and the hanging.

• Clint Eastwood's Hang em High starts out with a pretty graphic hanging of Clint's character. Could this possibly be the film you are thinking of?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I re-watched the Hang Them High Movie. And it is a good one.

This not it.

It was just John Wayne at the end of a chase and then he just hanged the guy on the spot.

Might be something Hollywood edited.

That is how the film started.