What movie

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,004 times. The latest Post () was by DCtheQuietMan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi everyone, I’m trying to find the title of an old John Wayne movie. I saw a clip on the TV some time ago and unfortunately I did not write the name of the movie down.

In the clip John Wayne is in a cabin near the top of a hill the land in front is green but going into woods.

Men appear at the bottom of the hill and gradually start approaching. The music was very similar to the film Jaws. The menacing slow beat that gradually gets faster as the men get nearer.

If anyone knows the name of this movie I would be most grateful. :)

• Hello Joziejo, and welcome to the forum.

Off the top of my head, I can't envision that scene. John Wayne made movies from the 1920's to the 1970's. Can you narrow it down a little for us? Was it a very young John Wayne (in one of his early B films)? Or was he middle age or older? Was it in color, or black and white? I'm guessing it was a western, but do you know otherwise?

Hopefully, with more to go on, we will try to help you out. Some very knowledgeable people stop in from time to time. I love a good test! :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi mark
    Thanks for replying. I recall it as black and white, and yes a cowboy film. I was telling someone about the music in that scene, so much tension and the tempo like that in Jaws, but obviously made way before.

Well, it looks like if no one can identify it, I will enjoy myself by watching again the many old movies. Think I may start at the earliest and just keep going (and beyond the one I’m looking for). Lol.

Edited once, last by Joziejo ().

• I don't think it was black and white; but I remember The Searchers as having some of the most dramatic musical scores of John Wayne's films. Also Red River was a B&W film with some heavy drama.

• The closest I can come to your description of the scene is Shepherd of the Hills. But it is Harry Carey Sr. that was in the cabin and Duke was coming out of the woods and across the meadow to kill him. Harry watched out the window first, then came out of the cabin and proceeded down towards Duke. A very tension filled moment. Does this jog the memory?

Mark

Even if it is not, and you haven't seen it before, give it a watch. I love the film.

• I will watch shepherd of the hills, first. You must forgive me but I am terrible at remembering the names of films (that’s all films). I’m always the one that’s saying you know it was that actor with dark hair, and it was an action movie etc, etc. When I do get to it I will let everyone know. And thanks for the advice .

• Even if it isn't the film, it is always worth the time to watch it.

We are always willing to help when we can. Who doesn't like a good challenge? :D

Mark

• Well I have just watched “Shepherd of the Hills” and YES it’s this movie. Don’t know why I had it in my head there was more than one walking to cabin, (must have mixed up another movie, ) but when they were walking towards each other I remembered. Remembered a lot of the movie as it went on. Music as I remember too. Great Stuff. Really enjoyed and look forward to the next one now. Thank you again. I can now quote the film title when referring to the music too.
    Jo