Looking for a particular movie title!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SadieBelle.

• Looking for a particular movie title!

Hello all, I'm a newbie named Bob. Thank you for hardily welcoming me.

Can anyone confirm the name of, or point me in the direction of a movie that I recall John Wayne starred in? The plot was about a girl who decided that the life of a cowboy was what she wanted most from her life. So she hid her gender, and grew up to become the rough and tumble masculine character portrayed by John Wayne. The last scene was about a doctor reading the faded birth certificate of the deceased masculine character and having no choice but to understand that he, was born as a girl. I was young when I saw this movie in the 60's/70's, and cannot be absolutely sure it was John Wayne, but really, who confuses John Wayne with anyone else?

Thanks,
      Bob Sanders
    • Hello Bob!

I am almost 100% sure that John Wayne never made a movie with the premise you describe. Sometimes our memories lump certain movie plots together, I know I have made that mistake.

Maybe someone else here knows the film you speak of, and can help better than I have. Does that ring any bells, people?

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • There is an episode of death valley days called cock-eyed charley parkhurst in which the title character was an orphan who ran away from the poor house and all he wanted in life was to drive a stagecoach. he was real good with horses, but uber-standoffish with people so didn't have any personal relationships. He became one of the best stagecoach drivers ever- when he drove for wells, he never lost a delivery or was ever late. After he passed away, the doctor examined the body and also found in his possessions, the birth certificate prooving that charley was really "charlotte" and was born female.

There is a plaque-marker somewhere in California dedicated to him for his remarkable career with a coach and horses.