Podcast episode covers the film "The Cowboys"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Podcast episode covers the film "The Cowboys"

New

Hello John Wayne fans! I am the host of a podcast called "The Baton: A John Williams Musical Journey." The series follows the career of film composer John Williams, with each episode covering one film in his 60-year career. Williams wrote the music for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Jaws and many more.

The newest episode features the film "The Cowboys," the only John Wayne film that featured a John Williams score. I enjoyed the film, largely because Williams contributed a score that intensified the drama onscreen perfectly with a theme for the 11 kids. I also enjoyed the Aaron Copland homages throughout the score.

I also think this is one of John Wayne's best films. You can listen to this episode here. Enjoy!
    • New

Hello, JeffC! Welcome to the board.

I am a little pressed for time, but I did listen to the first 15 minutes. I'll have to get back to it later. You do a very good job describing the scene and the music. I forgot how good the music was in this film.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "