Introduction

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,029 times. The latest Post () was by taw.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am a lifetime fan of the Duke. I grew up from Rio Bravo to the Green Berets. Loved everyone of his movies and even his guest appearances on the Johnny Carson to Laugh In. John Wayne represents a true American allegiance to this great country we live in. His movies I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them. Not being political but the people today don't realize how high the cost of our freedom is. John Wayne to me represents the American spirit that I wish we could see today. I didn't mean to get on my soapbox but I look forward to learning more from the Dukes website and thank you for your welcoming to it. :)

• Welcome to the board, Grannyj. Your sentiment is shared by many of us. We need more people like Duke who loved this country, warts and all. I am glad you found us. Please feel free to jump in and enjoy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I am a lifetime fan of the Duke. I grew up from Rio Bravo to the Green Berets. Loved everyone of his movies and even his guest appearances on the Johnny Carson to Laugh In. John Wayne represents a true American allegiance to this great country we live in. His movies I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them. Not being political but the people today don't realize how high the cost of our freedom is. John Wayne to me represents the American spirit that I wish we could see today. I didn't mean to get on my soapbox but I look forward to learning more from the Dukes website and thank you for your welcoming to it. :)

Welcome to the site