The John Wayne Code: Wit, Wisdom and Timeless Advice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• The John Wayne Code: Wit, Wisdom and Timeless Advice

Apologies in advance if this has been covered in a separate thread. I only found one for a different book. albeit with the same title, from 2008. This one was only published last year, by the editors of the John Wayne Collector's Magazine. It is essentially a collection of photos of Wayne in private life and stills from Wayne movies with a quote either about Wayne from his contemporaries and family, or quotes by Wayne himself, and even iconic movie quotes. I found it today in a local used bookstore, but it is available on Amazon. A collector's item for true collectors. I especially liked the quotes from family members. One that stood out in particular, for me, was one from Marisa: "There was one instance on the boat where he kept telling me to pick up my room. I had clothes all over the floor. And after asking me about five times, I woke up to him throwing everything overboard. It all came down to disrespect, and in his mind it was disrespectful that I wasn't picking up after myself. That was the only time where I felt the punishment was harder on him than me."

If only my mother had been as forceful.

With a table of contents that lists : "Loyalty", "Self-Reliance", "Grit"., "Patriotism", "Honesty" and "Generosity", perhaps you can already think of some iconic quotes and they are all probably in here. At only 148 pages it seems a little too compact, but I swear I can't think of anything I'd add.

Quiggy

jwc.jpg
    • I have seen that book before and was going to pick it up. i'll have to just get it and read it. lol

Thanks for the quick review!
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      http://www.jwayne.com

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">