Let's talk about how John Wayne's grandson is the Mandalorian’s stunt double

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,430 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Kevin added a new article:

[entry]37[/entry]

• My family and I really enjoy this series! I had no idea of its connection to the Wayne family.

Here’s an interesting article in which the author links the theme to westerns.

review-mandalorian-disney-plus.amp.html

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• One more Duke/Star Wars Connection, they used archived audio of John Wayne in one scene of "Star Wars: A New Hope" to voice one of the characters; I copied and pasted this from the IMDB Trivia from the movie...

While speaking at London's National Film Theatre in 2009, Ben Burtt disclosed that the alien gibberish sprouted by the Mos Eisley spy Garindan/Long Snoot was actually the processed voice of John Wayne.

And this from Star Wars Fan sight...

John Wayne (May 26, 1907June 11, 1979) was an American actor. He provided the voice of Imperial spy Garindan in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope via stock audio, making this his last role in a film before his death.

Wayne's voice was processed greatly for the movie.

His voice for Garindan would be recycled in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and its compilation re-release, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.