Let's talk about how John Wayne's grandson is the Mandalorian’s stunt double

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by colkid60.

• Let's talk about how John Wayne's grandson is the Mandalorian’s stunt double

Kevin added a new article:

Along with Flash Gordon, Joseph Campbell, and about a million other things, George Lucas was inspired by The Searchers when he created Star Wars. The director even slid a few subtle references to the film into A New Hope.

The star of The Searchers, of course, is John Wayne, so it's cool in a full-circle kind of way that his grandson is now officially part of the Star Wars universe.

Brendan Wayne got his start in the family business in a 2001 episode of Angel, and since then he's appeared in a lot of movies and TV shows, from Fast & Furious to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Sons of Anarchy.

In The Mandalorian, the younger Wayne appears in episodes three through six as one of the doubles for the titular character. The Wayne family is now officially part of a blockbuster world their paterfamilias helped inspire.

All in all, this is very cool, but we'd be remiss if we didn't mention another less cool way the Wayne family inadvertently altered the course of Star Wars history in a way that many fans did not appreciate.

Source
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      http://www.jwayne.com

Here’s an interesting article in which the author links the theme to westerns.

review-mandalorian-disney-plus.amp.html
      Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."
    • We watch it also, its really a great watch. I did read somewhere that even the walk of the mandalorian has a slight Duke swagger. ;)
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      http://www.jwayne.com
    • One more Duke/Star Wars Connection, they used archived audio of John Wayne in one scene of "Star Wars: A New Hope" to voice one of the characters; I copied and pasted this from the IMDB Trivia from the movie...

While speaking at London's National Film Theatre in 2009, Ben Burtt disclosed that the alien gibberish sprouted by the Mos Eisley spy Garindan/Long Snoot was actually the processed voice of John Wayne.

And this from Star Wars Fan sight...

John Wayne (May 26, 1907June 11, 1979) was an American actor. He provided the voice of Imperial spy Garindan in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope via stock audio, making this his last role in a film before his death.

Wayne's voice was processed greatly for the movie.

His voice for Garindan would be recycled in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and its compilation re-release, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">