Book About the Real Rooster Cogburn

There are 9 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,995 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I didn’t know Rooster Cogburn was based on a real person. But here’s a book about the man I thought you all might find interesting.

ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the life and times of the real rooster cogburn&qid=1580096068&sr=8-1&fbclid=IwAR2zBEdJ5JKgfDQSjLYpXpGJfHD0MIcnxAm-UDe76SVVZyAWYSsLKNBNDNM#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Thanks!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Well I finally read the book. About the only connection between John Wayne and Roster Cogburn is the name. But the connections between True Grit and the life of people and locations are amazing. Locales, names and so on are fantastic. I can see why Portis used those items in his manuscript. If you can find the book/ebook at your library get it. Buying the book is questionable. The ebook, well, maybe. I believe it was $2.99 when I bought it. Good luck.