New member from Scotland

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,007 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi everyone. I'm Pieter from Scotland. Only become a real Duke fan the last 2 years after a good friend from texas sent me some of john wayne's movies on dvd. Ever since I've watched quite a few movies. Listened to some old time radio featuring the duke and recently been on the hunt for comic books.

• Welcome to the board, cowmanpieter! Sounds like you are hooked. We all are, in some ways, collectors of Duke. Kevin is right, there is a lot of information within these threads. Feel free to jump in and enjoy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I've been a fan since 1977, when I saw The Shootist at the local Drive In theater. My first piece of memorabilia was bought soon after. It was a large, cheesy, paint on velvet portrait of Rooster Cogburn, from True Grit. I now have plates, statues, DVD's and other trinkets scattered about. I have a lot of Duke biographies and many of the books made into Duke films. My favorite Duke film changes from time to time, but almost always comes back to The Searchers. If you only became a fan 2 years ago, I envy the fact that there are films you haven't seen yet, for the first time. Enjoy the adventure!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "