Hello Strangers

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,596 times. The latest Post () was by Robbie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All,

Logging onto this forum today I felt somewhat nostalgic and indeed sad. This was for me on of the best and most active forums online, with a great community and general civility.

Change is progress as they say, however, not all change is good, 2020 was a terrible year for many and online decorum is very much a thing of the past.

I just wanted to conclude by saying hello to the old gang and welcome to the new members, how I wish this forum could experience a revival.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi robbie
    I just became a member last week after becoming a member of the UK John Wayne society after 2 years of really getting into John Wayne and other great Western stars thanks to a good friend in Texas, I myself am from Scotland. Sadly the JW society are going to stop their magazine and memberships next year. I feel I'm a bit late to the party haha. I hope to have some good discussion here in the future.
    Regards
    Pieter

• I agree Robbie! Seems when we lost some of the elders, many of whom like Chili Bill had first hand knowledge of Duke, the dialogue ebbed off.

I’ve noticed the official JW Facebook page seems to be more about marketing than anything else. In fact it’s interesting sometimes when they throw something up there saying “this is a JW authentic yudda yudda.” I can hear Chili Bill saying “Naw not so much.”

Wishing everyone here a good upcoming Thanksgiving!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."