Just Found You !

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,431 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all, I am 42 years old and have been a John Wayne fan ever since I can remember! From time to time I have gotten pics of him from different websites, but I have never been able to find what I consider to be a really good website about him, until now that is.
    Im sitting here at 1 a.m. reading all the post's in your forum and decided I had to join and say hey!
    I was just sitting here thinking about all the "crap" that is goin on in the world these days and decided to look up some info on my HERO John Wayne to make me feel a liitle better about the world, and I found this here site. Seeing all you fine people that Love him as much as I do really made my heart sing man.
    That what is so great about his movies, he was pretty much the same in most of them. He didnt give no one no crap, and he didnt take no crap from no one either. He loved his country, would die for a friend if necessary, he was honest and trustworthy. And I can never get enough of him or his movies. Watching them makes you feel good inside, that GOOD will ALWAYS prevail over EVIL.
    I saw where some rated his movies, some have debated his acting skills.
    Well for me, the only movie I didnt like was the "Searchers". He seemed cold hearted in that movie, of course in the end he wasnt tho. But I think all of his movies are and always will be GREAT! Now I like other movies as well, but if there is a John Wayne saturday on TNT or some other cable channel, you wont find me doing anything else but watching his movies, I dont care how tall the grass is !
    But as one of you said , "he just was", that pretty much sums it up, there has never been nor will there ever be another like him in the movies.
    I remember a few years ago I was watching a movie with a teenage relative of mine, he was making a big deal about the movie, I said " it aint no John Wayne movie, you want see a good movie watch one of his". He started laughing really hard, said John Wayne aint nothing, well it was all I could to keep from going over there and knocking his teeth out ! HA HA not really, but the thought did cross my mind for a split second. But I realized that the kids nowadays dont have a John Wayne to look up to as I did . Most movies nowadays are crap really.
    To me John Wayne stood for everything that is good in a person, everything that is good about America and what it is to be an American. From his cowboy movies to his war movies , I lov'em ALL !
    I look forward to doing some more reading here and just wanted to say Howdy to all you pilgrims.
    Take care.

[SIZE=1]"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."[/SIZE]~John Wayne~from the movie "The Shootist"

• Bandit,

You've come to the right place. This is the best place in the world to talk about your favorite and our favorite actor, patriot, and hero, John Wayne.

I hope you will take some time and read the posts here, you'll find information that you might have never thought of, and might be even more impressed with what you read. I want to encourage you to ask any question and answer any that you might know. But most of all have fun here. We are just a lot of people here from all over the world, yes I said all over the world to share our time about a great American, John Wayne. I want you to also know that we have youngsters here that communicate on the board and could use guidance in knowing about the legacy of the Duke.

I hope you have a pleasant stay here, and get caught up with the reading here.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hey Bandit,

When you get the chance, go to the Top 25 John Wayne Movies, and vote your favorite movies. Love to see what movies you like from your favorite, to the 25th movies you liked.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hello Bandit;... Welcome to a great Site. I like your input. If you want to see the Duke in another film where he is ruthless, greedy and cold try "Pittsburgh". The end is a Typical one but I enjoyed it. Keep your Powder Dry...SaddleTramp...

• Bandit ; What you see in the Duke's films is just the way he was in life ! But when I saw and talk to him in the late 1970s he was in failling health and had lost a lot of weight, but he talked the same , walked the same , and acted the same. He was tough and sweet with the ladys and they loved him. When my wife Martha and I dropped him off at Orange County Airport and said good by , he gave my wife a Hug and a kiss on the cheek and she allmost melted . The only thing she said on the way home in the one hour flight to Paso Robles was, "That was some Man!" Chilibill :cowboy: