"Quiet Man's" White O' Morn cottage remains abandoned and crumbling

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,053 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Kevin added a new article:

"Quiet Man's" White O' Morn cottage remains abandoned and crumbling - The John Wayne Message Board (JWMB) (dukewayne.com)

• Sounds like at this point there’s nothing left but a pile of rocks. I read some years ago that a woman came in and stole the entire fireplace to reassemble in her house she was having built.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• The owners have to do something is the way it was ten years ago.
    We were there in June of 2007. We saw the bridge, the train depot and Cong. The visitors center in Cong, was built similar to the cottage.
    We took the Cong tour they had, an enjoyed our day and a half there immensely.
    We did not try to go to the Cottage. It was a great trip and I wrote about it on the old online deal we had then.
    Cong has salmon runs twice a year there. In June and later in the year. Some are very big salmon.
    Also there are not surface rivers to Cong, but you can't get to into Cong without crossing a bridge. The water is underground coming to the city of Cong.
    If you want some nice momento's of "The Quiet Man." Buy the old Disc of the movie. They are big and beautiful. I watch the movie about once or twice a year. This is one of my favorite Duke and O'hara movies.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• My wife and I are supposed to go take the Quiet Man walking tour maybe sometime next year. This is my favorite movie. Wish they had a director’s cut of it the way Ford wanted it to be before he accommodated Yates to get that stupid two hour limit.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Vhs and Laser disc are 153 minutes.
    DVD is 129 minutes.
    So buy a VHS or Laser Disc. and have it copied for you.
    That would be similar to the Director's cut. I did that with "the Alamo" also.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Official Post

I'm in agreement with you, Kevin. I held out hope when discussions and interest peaked a few years ago, but nothing has changed. The cottage continues to crumble. There is very little left to restore.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "