Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 618,016 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm 62 and have been a John Wayne fan all my life, same as my Dad, uncles and grandfather. Had the privilege of seeing many Wayne films on the big screen, In Harm Ways, Sons Of Katie Elder, War Wagon, Green Berets, Hell Fighters, True Grit, The Shootist and probably a few more. What a blast, seeing a brand new Wayne film for the first time. Good memories.

• Hello and welcome to the board, Arizona1974. I only got to see The Shootist on the big screen, but it was a drive in, so the screen was really big!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello @Arizona1974 glad you joined us here!

I'm about 10 years younger than you and never got to see a first run John Wayne movie in theaters. I was just a few years late. The two earliest movies I remember seeing in the theater was Smokey and the Bandit & Star Wars both in 1977.

• Hello there, I've been watching John Wayne since before I could talk! LOL Found this and had to join! Glad to know there's so many others out there like me!!

• Howdy folks, and so darn happy to find this place. I've been a Duke fan all my life and will be to the end of my days. I'm looking forward to hanging out with like minded individuals and shearing our thoughts about John Wayne the legend.

Steve Cullison :)

• Thanks for the welcome, I hope to learn a lot about my lifelong hero John Wayne. Can't imagine life with out his movies, want to learn about the man himself.
    Hoot

• Hello and welcome to the board, Hoot! There are plenty of threads and pictures here to keep you busy for quite a while. Please feel free to jump in and enjoy!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome Hoot! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• As expected of all post war kids, our favorite cowboy was John Wayne. I own all of his western movies and have studied them in depth since The Three Godfathers in 1948. When I studied The Legend of the Lost I found that he was NOT using his Colt SAA. The IMFDB movie base says he used a Itallian 1889 Bodero with a very rounded bottom of the grip. There are many views of his gun in the movie and the bottom of the grip is FLAT. Does anyone know for sure what gun he used? Thanks Alan