Pinned Welcome, New Members!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 1,595 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Hi! I live in South Florida. I am a huge fan of John Wayne as well as many of his co-stars. I possess a few handwritten Ward Bond letters from his early years and a few John Wayne autographs from his later years as well as one John Ford signed photo. I am always looking to add to my collection so if you see one on the net that I might have missed feel free to let me know.

I am here because I want to share this love for John Wayne movies with other fans. Thank you for allowing me to join. - James Powell
      Images
      • 015.jpg

155.12 kB, 617×960, viewed 5 times
      • 016.jpg

149.32 kB, 621×960, viewed 5 times
      • 017.jpg

349.89 kB, 2,021×1,187, viewed 5 times
      Wanted: John Wayne Autographs

The post was edited 3 times, last by wampa_attack ().

• Kcarrier wrote:

Thank you and hello... lifetime JW fan, my dad got us kids hooked from birth... I have a son named after JW character in The Searchers.... my kids love watching JW, now a days kids don’t watch westerners... but mine do.

So thank you so much again glad to be apart of a great group of people..
      Welcome to the JWMB! My kids got to watch more than their fair share of Duke movies growing up, and are often surprised when they encounter friends who have never heard of John Wayne! Glad to know your kids aren't in that crowd!

wampa_attack wrote:

Hi! I live in South Florida. I am a huge fan of John Wayne as well as many of his co-stars. I possess a few handwritten Ward Bond letters from his early years and a few John Wayne autographs from his later years as well as one John Ford signed photo. I am always looking to add to my collection so if you see one on the net that I might have missed feel free to let me know.

I am here because I want to share this love for John Wayne movies with other fans. Thank you for allowing me to join. - James Powell
      James, welcome! Those are some impressive collector's items! Glad to have you join us here. In addition to this being a pretty awesome John Wayne forum, we do have 'mini-forums' within, that honor such greats as Ward Bond and some of Duke's other co-stars.
    • Hello and welcome to the board, wampa_attack. That is an awesome letter from Ward you have there. He is talking about getting a part in The Big Trail (Oregon Trail). That is a very early letter from him. Thanks for sharing those with us. Feel free to make yourself at home.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • Hello I am a life long John Wayne fan and love to collect his memorabilia. I recently purchased a shadow box with two photos a gun belt and holster along with a prop gun. I would like to know where I can take these items to authenticate them. The larger photo has John Wayne's signature. Thanks in advance for your help. Ann from California
    • Hello and welcome to the forum, Ann and EasternWester. I'm glad you both found us. As for your shadowbox, Ann? I don't know about such things as getting them authenticated, but maybe another member here who collects memorabilia will be able to answer you. I hope you both enjoy your time here.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "