Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 617,977 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Ethanedwards,
    Thank you for warm welcome!

• A great big welcome to you, Senta, to the John Wayne Message Board. It looks like you're our first Russian member, so this board is really taking on an international flavor. You'll find a lot of friendly folks around here ready to answer questions or to just communicate with you. Stick around and come often.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Aug 15 2005, 11:02 PM
    A great big welcome to you, Senta, to the John Wayne Message Board. It looks like you're our first Russian member, so this board is really taking on an international flavor. You'll find a lot of friendly folks around here ready to answer questions or to just communicate with you. Stick around and come often.
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]20372[/snapback]

Thanks,
    I'm looking forward with hopes to open more to myself,
    Senta

• hi senta

welcome and a big hello from the backside of the plant earth ( i'm from australia) now we have both ends of here covered now that you are here all we need is someone from the easten side like japan and we will have all the points of the compass. stick around and you will have lots of fun chatting with us all best warn you watch out for the fellas they are a frisky lot and they will be after you as there isnt many ladies here and we send them into a lather ( make them all hot and bothered :D )

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Senta, Just wanted to add my welcome. I am sure the others have already done a great job of making you feel welcome. See ya round the boards.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello All
    Greetings Senta My maternal grandfather emigrated from what was then the Austro Hungarian Empire and is now the Ukraine in 1911 ( approx). I have never been to Europe East or West. Have you travelled in the United States?

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 17 2005, 08:55 AM
    Hello All
    Greetings Senta My maternal grandfather emigrated from what was then the Austro Hungarian Empire and is now the Ukraine in 1911 ( approx). I have never been to Europe East or West. Have you travelled in the United States?

[snapback]20428[/snapback]

Hello Kilo6,
    It is interesting, my granfather was also from Ukraine. I have never travelled in th United States for a pity. I was only in Europe - Finland, Sweden, France.

• Howdy Senta, welcome to this great site. Sorry I missed seeing this earlier and hope to see you here often. Best regards--Ringo.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hello All
    Hi Senta could you talk a little about how people you know feel about JW movies. On another topic I read that when Chrushov visited the states he asked to meet JW and the meeting led to a bar. I read that Nikita told JW that he heard JW was a man who enjoyed a drink and that JW could hold his liquor. They then proceeded to match each other drink for drink for quite a few drinks. Kilo

Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 25 2005, 09:01 AM
    Hello All
    Hi Senta could you talk a little about how people you know feel about JW movies. On another topic I read that when Kruschev visited the states he asked to meet JW and the meeting led to a bar. I read that Nikita told JW that he heard JW was a man who enjoyed a drink and that JW could hold his liquor. They then proceeded to match each other drink for drink for quite a few drinks. Kilo

[snapback]20828[/snapback]

Hi Kilo,
    I never heard this story about JW and Chrushov. Its interesting! As about how people here feel about JW I can't tell you only that his movies became more popular in the last few years, some of them appeared on VHS and DVD. My son and friends watch JW movies with interest, but the source of JW films is my small collection. I think that somewere around here JW big funs could be found, but I myself didn't met yet.
    I now work at the big horse exibition in Moscow (we have there place and now I returned home only for two days) and there is also people who are interested in Western riding, I spoke about JAW with them, they certainly like him and saw his films.
    It is interesting that Green Berets is also realised here and I never heard nothing against political point of view of that film.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Hello All
    Hi Senta I am reading JW bios trying to find a storey that I commented on in another thread. A reply to that topic asked me where I got the storey from. You would think that I would have learned from that and yet when you said that you had never heard the Nikita storey I discovered that I could not find it in the book. One problem was that I was looking in the index under the spelling Chrushov and the book lists it as Khrushchev. The book is " John Wayne American" by Randy Roberts and James S Olson. It's about 650 pages and I looked at most of them for the last 2 hours until I finally went back to the index and looked under K. The reason I didn't find the storey is that it is in the Prologue on page 2. Sigh, perhaps from now on I will be sure to note the exact source before mentioning a JW storey.
    On the chance that this book is not readily available I will add that the storey goes on to say, the following Christmas JW received a crate marked CCCP (USSSR) containing several cases of quality Russian Vodka and a note " Duke Merry Christmas Nikita ". JW sent back two cases of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila and a note " Nikita Thanks Duke". Kilo

Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 26 2005, 10:14 AM
    Hello All
    Hi Senta I am reading JW bios trying to find a storey that I commented on in another thread. A reply to that topic asked me where I got the storey from. You would think that I would have learned from that and yet when you said that you had never heard the Nikita storey I discovered that I could not find it in the book. One problem was that I was looking in the index under the spelling Chrushov and the book lists it as Khrushchev. The book is " John Wayne American" by Randy Roberts and James S Olson. It's about 650 pages and I looked at most of them for the last 2 hours until I finally went back to the index and looked under K. The reason I didn't find the storey is that it is in the Prologue on page 2. Sigh, perhaps from now on I will be sure to note the exact source before mentioning a JW storey.
    On the chance that this book is not readily available I will add that the storey goes on to say, the following Christmas JW received a crate marked CCCP (USSSR) containing several cases of quality Russian Vodka and a note " Duke Merry Christmas Nikita ". JW sent back two cases of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila and a note " Nikita Thanks Duke". Kilo

[snapback]20855[/snapback]

Hi Kilo,
    Thank you for wonderful story. This book "John Wayne American" I'm planning to read. As for spelling I thing the both ways are right, it is only up to tradition. In Russian there is one letter X that spells in english mostly as CH, and in this case as KH.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Hello All
    Hi Olered your thoughts are my sentiments exactly. Great photo of the family fishing, makes me envious. What year make and model of truck is Ole Red? I had a 67 GMC 3/4 ton until 1987 and a 71 ford Camper special 3/4 ton from1987 to 1996. I loved having a pick up but we have 4 kids and went to a minvan. Hi Senta, if you go to the NEWS option on the home page and scroll down to ' STALIN PLOTTED TO KILL JOHN WAYNE' there is mention of Mr K. Kevin submitted this post and I think you will find it a good read. Kilo

Originally posted by kilo 6@Sep 9 2005, 11:59 PM
    Hi Senta, if you go to the NEWS option on the home page and scroll down to ' STALIN PLOTTED TO KILL JOHN WAYNE' there is mention of Mr K. Kevin submitted this post and I think you will find it a good read. Kilo

[snapback]21322[/snapback]

Hi Kilo,
    I have read the article. As for me it is hardly to belive, that it is truth. Of course Stalin was evil man, hated by many here (by me too and not only for historic but by personal reasons). :angry: But I'm still giess that he was planning such a thing (not so big for the dictator). I'm interested what was the source of that information?
    May be I'm mistaken, but I'm not feel myself responsible for what Stalin did or planned. :(
    Regards,
    Vera

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 11 2005, 01:28 PM
    May be I'm mistaken, but I'm not feel myself responsible for what Stalin did or planned. :(

Of course you're not responsible, Vera. You weren't even born until 13 years after Stalin died.

De gustibus non est disputandum