Pinned Welcome, New Members!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.
       

    There are 1,607 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by chester7777.

    • Originally posted by ethanedwards@Aug 15 2005, 10:39 PM
      Hi senta,
      WELCOME to the JWMB,
      Russian girl or man doesn't matter around here,
      we are all John Wayne fans, and I am sure,
      you will meet many friends here.
      American, Canadian, English, Australian,Irish, Norwegian,
      and now a Russian,
      We could do with some more girls, on
      the Real Senior Members thread!!!

      Best Wishes,
      ee
      [snapback]20369[/snapback]


      Hi Ethanedwards,
      Thank you for warm welcome!
    • A great big welcome to you, Senta, to the John Wayne Message Board. It looks like you're our first Russian member, so this board is really taking on an international flavor. You'll find a lot of friendly folks around here ready to answer questions or to just communicate with you. Stick around and come often.
      Cheers - Jay :D
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"
    • Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Aug 15 2005, 11:02 PM
      A great big welcome to you, Senta, to the John Wayne Message Board.  It looks like you're our first Russian member, so this board is really taking on an international flavor.  You'll find a lot of friendly folks around here ready to answer questions or to just communicate with you.  Stick around and come often.
      Cheers - Jay  :D
      [snapback]20372[/snapback]



      Thanks,
      I'm looking forward with hopes to open more to myself,
      Senta
    • hi senta

      welcome and a big hello from the backside of the plant earth ( i'm from australia) now we have both ends of here covered now that you are here all we need is someone from the easten side like japan and we will have all the points of the compass. stick around and you will have lots of fun chatting with us all best warn you watch out for the fellas they are a frisky lot and they will be after you as there isnt many ladies here and we send them into a lather ( make them all hot and bothered :D )

      hooroo smokey
      " its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"
    • Hello All
      Greetings Senta My maternal grandfather emigrated from what was then the Austro Hungarian Empire and is now the Ukraine in 1911 ( approx). I have never been to Europe East or West. Have you travelled in the United States?
      Greetings from North of the 49th
    • Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 17 2005, 08:55 AM
      Hello All
                Greetings Senta  My maternal grandfather emigrated from what was then the Austro Hungarian Empire and is now the Ukraine in 1911 ( approx). I have never been to Europe East or West. Have you travelled in the United States?
      [snapback]20428[/snapback]



      Hello Kilo6,
      It is interesting, my granfather was also from Ukraine. I have never travelled in th United States for a pity. I was only in Europe - Finland, Sweden, France.
    • Hello All
      Hi Senta could you talk a little about how people you know feel about JW movies. On another topic I read that when Chrushov visited the states he asked to meet JW and the meeting led to a bar. I read that Nikita told JW that he heard JW was a man who enjoyed a drink and that JW could hold his liquor. They then proceeded to match each other drink for drink for quite a few drinks. Kilo
      Greetings from North of the 49th
    • Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 25 2005, 09:01 AM
      Hello All
                Hi Senta could you talk a little about how people you know feel about JW movies. On another topic I read that when Kruschev visited the states he asked to meet JW and the meeting led to a bar. I read that Nikita told JW that he heard JW was a man who enjoyed a drink and that JW could hold his liquor. They then proceeded to match each other drink for drink for quite a few drinks.  Kilo
      [snapback]20828[/snapback]



      Hi Kilo,
      I never heard this story about JW and Chrushov. Its interesting! As about how people here feel about JW I can't tell you only that his movies became more popular in the last few years, some of them appeared on VHS and DVD. My son and friends watch JW movies with interest, but the source of JW films is my small collection. I think that somewere around here JW big funs could be found, but I myself didn't met yet.
      I now work at the big horse exibition in Moscow (we have there place and now I returned home only for two days) and there is also people who are interested in Western riding, I spoke about JAW with them, they certainly like him and saw his films.
      It is interesting that Green Berets is also realised here and I never heard nothing against political point of view of that film.
      Regards,
      Senta
    • Hello All
      Hi Senta I am reading JW bios trying to find a storey that I commented on in another thread. A reply to that topic asked me where I got the storey from. You would think that I would have learned from that and yet when you said that you had never heard the Nikita storey I discovered that I could not find it in the book. One problem was that I was looking in the index under the spelling Chrushov and the book lists it as Khrushchev. The book is " John Wayne American" by Randy Roberts and James S Olson. It's about 650 pages and I looked at most of them for the last 2 hours until I finally went back to the index and looked under K. The reason I didn't find the storey is that it is in the Prologue on page 2. Sigh, perhaps from now on I will be sure to note the exact source before mentioning a JW storey.
      On the chance that this book is not readily available I will add that the storey goes on to say, the following Christmas JW received a crate marked CCCP (USSSR) containing several cases of quality Russian Vodka and a note " Duke Merry Christmas Nikita ". JW sent back two cases of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila and a note " Nikita Thanks Duke". Kilo
      Greetings from North of the 49th
    • Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 26 2005, 10:14 AM
      Hello All
                Hi Senta I am reading JW bios trying to find a storey that I commented on in another thread. A reply to that topic asked me where I got the storey from. You would think that I would have learned from that and yet when you said that you had never heard the Nikita storey I discovered that I could not find it in the book. One problem was that I was looking in the index under the spelling Chrushov and the book lists it as Khrushchev. The book is " John Wayne American" by Randy Roberts and James S Olson. It's about 650 pages and I looked at most of them for the last 2 hours until I finally went back to the index and looked under K. The reason I didn't find the storey is that it is in the Prologue on page 2. Sigh, perhaps from now on I will be sure to note the exact source before mentioning a JW storey.
      On the chance that this book is not readily available I will add that the storey goes on to say, the following Christmas JW received a crate marked CCCP (USSSR) containing several cases of quality Russian Vodka and a note " Duke Merry Christmas Nikita ". JW sent back two cases of Sauza Conmemorativo Tequila and a note " Nikita Thanks Duke".    Kilo
      [snapback]20855[/snapback]



      Hi Kilo,
      Thank you for wonderful story. This book "John Wayne American" I'm planning to read. As for spelling I thing the both ways are right, it is only up to tradition. In Russian there is one letter X that spells in english mostly as CH, and in this case as KH.
      Regards,
      Senta