Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 617,960 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello,
    Scott Ullerick here from Brighton, Colorado. This website is a neat way to remember the DUKE. They don't make them like him anymore. I am a big John Wayne fan and wish they still made westerns along the lines of the ones he made.

• Hi Scott,
    I notice you've been a member since October,
    and you've just made your first post.

Anyway,

WELCOME TO THE JWMB

I am sure you meet some friendly and knowledgeable
    folks on here,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• SCOTT.

I'd like to welcome you here at the John Wayne Message Board {JWMB}. This is the next best thing to having Duke here among us. It's been over 26 years since we lost Duke, but in our hearts he keeps living on at this site and in his movies. I hope you will take the time and read all you can about Duke. We covered a lot of topics about him, around him and away from him, but we have a good time doing so.

I'd like to personally invite you to the chat this afternoon around 2 p.m. your time. We'll have a lot of fun and celebrate our 3rd Anniversary opening this message board.

Have fun and we'll see you soon enough.

Cheers Hondo {Duke Lane} B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by SCOTT@Jan 1 2006, 10:39 AM
    Hello,
    Scott Ullerick here from Brighton, Colorado. This website is a neat way to remember the DUKE. They don't make them like him anymore. I am a big John Wayne fan and wish they still made westerns along the lines of the ones he made.

[snapback]24755[/snapback]

Scott,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the John Wayne Message Board!

Hopefully, you will find this a great place to visit and fellowship with other like-minded John Wayne lovers.

BTW, where is Brighton? We have friends in Glenwood Springs and Castle Rock. There are also a couple of members here on the board that hail from Colorado.

Don't be a stranger!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi I'm new here, my name's Bek and I'm from the land down under(Australia), and I'm a massive fan of the Duke.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by Bek@Jan 3 2006, 06:25 AM
    Hi I'm new here, my name's Bek and I'm from the land down under(Australia), and I'm a massive fan of the Duke.

[snapback]24852[/snapback]

Hello Bek,

Welcome to the board! You come to the right place, there's a bunch of massive Duke fans here. :D

• johnwayne01,

Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board!

I am guessing you wanted to post to the board, and at the bottom of my initial post in the thread, you hit "Reply".

What happens when you hit that button is that it will include a quote of the original post, and you can add your own comments either above or below that quote (or you can delete the whole thing and just add your post).

The other way to reply in a thread is to go to the top or bottom of a thread and look for a button that says "Add Reply" (at the top, it is with buttons that say "New Topic" , "New Poll" and "Add Poll." At the bottom, it is with buttons that say "Options" and "New Topic") .

That will give you a blank box in which to reply. In order to reply to a particular topic, you must already be in that topic.

We look forward to getting better acquainted with you, soon!

If we can be of any further assistance, use that little PM button at the bottom of my post.

• Hi Scott and Bek - Welcome to the JWMB. I've been away since Friday, so this is the first opportunity to find you new folks here and wish you welcome.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello There

Just arrived so I have a LOT of reading to do!!!

Great to find a John Wayne Forum to subscribe too.

Been a fan and collector for quite a while

I'm Mike from Belfast Northern Ireland. I know there are other JW fans from here
    wonder have any subscribed?

Im off now for a read hope to talk to you all soon.

• Howdy Mike,

Welcome to the JWMB! We're glad you took the time to join, and hope to see alot more of you around here in the next days, months and years!

Again welcome!!

Kevin

PS, Don't forget tu pin your location in the members map section, and feel free to use the Photo gallery if you have photos that you'd like to share. Links to both these areas are in my signature below.

• Mike,

I'd like to add my welcome to you on the John Wayne Message Board {JWMB}. We are glad to have you here, and hope that you will visit often and posts lots. We do have members here that are from Ireland, and the UK. We are so glad to have many Duke fans across the pond.

Hope you will take advantage of this site and find all you can about John Wayne. I think you will find that a few of us really like him a lot. :D

Have a great day.

Cheers Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Mike,

We, too, would like to add our welcome to the bunch!

As Hondo mentioned, we have several members in the UK, with at least two in Ireland that I can think of off the top of my head (Robbie and Emmanuel - apologies to anybody I may have forgotten :rolleyes: ).

We look forward to becoming better acquainted with you in the days and weeks to come.

• Hi Mike

Welcome to the board as you can see I'm from Southern England and there are an increasing number of Brits coming along. Its a very friendly place, I hope you'll stick around.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low