Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 617,998 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello Again

Thanks for the welcome

It is great to discover a forum dedicated to John Wayne.

When I got the computer about five years ago I had carried out searches for a John Wayne forum / fan site without any success.

I found some individual fan tribute sites but not much else. I had carried out intermittent searches every so often since that time with much the same results and concluded that there was nothing out there which to be honest surprised me considering how many fans John Wayne has.

I had to upgrade my computer last week and in the process of reinstalling software and favourites carried out another search which is how I found this site.

If we can spread the word I am sure others would happily join if they knew this forum existed.

When you consider how effectively some fan bases promote their star or artist I am sure there are lessons we could learn.

The Duke’s strength is that there is an army of appreciative fans that admire and love his work and personality and that television channels across the world
    regularly broadcast his films.

However, there is a danger in being complacent and thinking that this
    will always continue. One has only to look at the profiles of film stars
    such as Cooper, Gable, Bogart, Fonda, Stewart or Mc Queen to appreciate that recognition and continued exposure may not continue.

Another danger to watch is political correctness which has enveloped all areas of the media and at some point in the future may impinge on screenings of some John Wayne movies.

Certain Wayne movies already make infrequent visits to the small screen
    and others frustratingly have not been released on DVD in all regions.

In order, to keep our man in the highest possible recognition profile it would be interesting to hear is there any way we assist in form of releases and screenings.

That’s my 10 cents worth do any other contributors have any thoughts on the matter.

• Hi lenrehn,

I know I welcomed you on the THE QUIET MAN thread,
    but now in the right place

<span style=\'color:yellow\'>OME Valkomna

in the Swedish colours, to the JWMB.
    I believe you may be our FIRST member in SVERIGE

I know you will meet some very friendly and knowledgeable folks here,

bast onskas

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Though he hasn't posted yet, we would like to extend a hearty welcome to one of our newer members, Jeff Wayne Sutherland. He and I met down in Abilene in October of 2004, at the Dean Smith Celebrity Rodeo. He is a professional John Wayne impersonator who had volunteered along with me, to help at the book table for Fred Landesman's book (if you remember, Fred died unexpectedly shortly before the rodeo). I also met Les Adams at that time, as he was coordinating things from the Texas end for Mrs. Landesman.

As it turns out, Jeff lives about 60 miles away from us, right here in California, but we had to go all the way to Texas to meet :headbonk: !

As it turns out, we were the only ones who were dressed up like the Duke at this event.

We had a great time, and I'm real pleased to see he's finally made it here to the JWMB!

Chester :newyear: (and of course the Mrs. :angel1:)

• Greetings from Folkston, GA. I just found this excellent site which, for some unknown reason, has eluded me. It may take me a while to get caught up on all that this site offers, but it's a challenge on which I can't wait to embark! I'm a retired Ga. State Patrol CPL who has been a John Wayne fan since early childhood & since I now have time to surf the Internet, I'm very happy to have found such a great venue.

I participate in several local message boards, but they use a different format. If I mess up, ya'll please bear with me...

• Thank you both! It's going to take a little "getting used to", but I think I can muddle through. (I'm not bashful about hollering for help either though...) As for the site, I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far & can't wait to delve into it even further.

• Thanks, Arthur. I appreciate the welcome!

Dexter

• Hi Dexter Woodruff,

I echo my friends earlier, when I say
    a big,

WELCOME

to the JWMB,

Stick around, we're a friendly bunch,
    Join in and have fun!

Best Wishes,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello, I am 45 yrs old, live in Tacoma, WA. Like many of you I have been a JW fan for as long as I can remember. I am very glad to have found a site that people can actually discuss things without someone trying to sell me something (usually of questionable quality) and to help navigate all the other sites out there. :cowboy:

• Hi Fayso1332,

First of all, a Big,

WELCOME

to the JWMB,

I am sure you will meet many friendly
    and knowledgeable folks around here,
    and NOPE, no one will try to sell you stuff!!

Stick around and have fun,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Welcome Fayso1332,

You have come to the right place if you are looking for te best info for the Duke.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Dexter and Fayso1332 - May I extend a hearty welcome to the JWMB to you both. I've been here for almost a year and a half and have had a lot of fun as well as gaining more info on the Duke (and other related topics). Hope you stick around and help make this active board even more lively.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Bek@Mar 7 2006, 04:01 AM
    Welcome Dexter! You'll have a great time here talking to everyone about the Duke!

[snapback]28524[/snapback]

I do believe you are right, Bek !! Everyone is very friendly & nice here. I'm guessing it's because of a shared admiration for the main topic, but that's just a guess. :D Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

• Thanks, Ethan. I will (stick around); ya'll are (a friendly bunch); I can't wait (to join in) & I'm already (having fun) !!