Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 627,851 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you Dukefan, Kevin and Ethanedwards for the welcome. Thanks also for the book review Ethan. It was a page turner for me and I would think most Duke fans. The phone interviews got to a lot of people. Big stars and bit players alike. Guys like Fonda, Lee Marvin and Jimmy Stewart and guys like Claude Akins and Lee van Cleef.

Savoy Six This is Bulldog. The Mite Force is in position. Out.

• Hi fellow Duke fans. I have just been accepted here and look forward to seeing what goes on around here. I have been a John Wayne for years and still enjoy watching his movies just like I did when I was young. The site looks very big so it is going to take a while to see everything.

• Hi Trekwayne

WELCOME to The JWMB-
    The Original John Wayne Message Board
    where fans come to have fun!

Please take a look around, we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see, regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello and Welcome to the board, Trekwayne. Pull up a chair and stay a while. I have no doubt you will enjoy yourself here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi fellow Duke fans. I have just been accepted here and look forward to seeing what goes on around here. I have been a John Wayne for years and still enjoy watching his movies just like I did when I was young. The site looks very big so it is going to take a while to see everything.

Welcome. I think you'll find this an interesting place

• Hi Guys,

I am new to Duke Wayne message board. I have a little story and just thought it would be fun to share with everyone. My Grandpa Richard "Dick" Brown knew John Wayne. He sold an airplane to him and I have a news article from the Tustin, CA newspaper. My Grandpa owned Martin Aviation at John Wayne airport I think. I believe it was called Orange County Airport back then. My Grandma also told me they were in the same group of guys that would go down to Cabo San Lucas to go fishing for Marlin. Back then Cabo was just a fishing village. My Grandpa was a big marlin fisherman and also was a pilot so him and John had some similar interests.

My Grandpa used to go by Dick, short for Richard. My Grandpa was also a pilot and did a lot of things. He passed away when I was just a boy unfortunately and I only have a few very fond memories of him. I thought maybe I met a friend of a friend in some distant was that maybe knew my grandpa.

Attached is a photo for kicks.

• Hi Guys,

I am new to Duke Wayne message board. I have a little story and just thought it would be fun to share with everyone. My Grandpa Richard "Dick" Brown knew John Wayne. He sold an airplane to him and I have a news article from the Tustin, CA newspaper. My Grandpa owned Martin Aviation at John Wayne airport I think. I believe it was called Orange County Airport back then. My Grandma also told me they were in the same group of guys that would go down to Cabo San Lucas to go fishing for Marlin. Back then Cabo was just a fishing village. My Grandpa was a big marlin fisherman and also was a pilot so him and John had some similar interests.

My Grandpa used to go by Dick, short for Richard. My Grandpa was also a pilot and did a lot of things. He passed away when I was just a boy unfortunately and I only have a few very fond memories of him. I thought maybe I met a friend of a friend in some distant was that maybe knew my grandpa.

Attached is a photo for kicks.

• Hello mattiej5000, and welcome to the board. That's a cool story about your Grandfather and Duke. Thanks for sharing it with us. Feel free to make yourself at home.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome to Mattie and all the other new folks I have missed welcoming. Bit swamped here, but I am sure you will learn a great deal and will see a good many very rare pictures. Nice pic of your grandpa and Duke. Have fun and pass on any stories you may have of Duke and your Grandpa's fishing trips. HAGO, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi Tina

WELCOME to The JWMB-

Thanks for your Video post

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thank you for the welcome. I really enjoy this forum and the informations I got here. I apologize for not introducing myself here - but I must admit, that I have some difficulties in writing in english and I'm never quite sure if I get it right.
    Greetings from Germany, Tina

• Hi Cass Dowdy

WELCOME to The JWMB-

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hi Cass Dowdy

WELCOME to The JWMB-

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England