Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 628,823 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ive been trying to find what movie does John Wayne say "I remember when men were men and women loved them for it".... I can't seem to find it. Appreciate the help. Thx!

• Howdy! I'm new here and just wanted to say 'hello' and thank you for allowing me to join your super-cool jw forum. I love, love, love this man and it makes me so happy to see all the others who feel the same about this magnificent American icon.

• Welcome, SadieBelle! Always nice to see fellow Georgians here on the forum! :thumbup:

"I'm the hardest egg ever hatched on the toughest street in the world. The Bowery Kid--That's Me!"
    (The Lone Star Ranger, 1930)

• Howdy Duke Fans! I just found this web site while searching for images from Big Jake. I'm looking forward to meeting both Patrick Wayne and Christopher Mitchum next month at the Memphis Film Festival!

• Hello and welcome, Squank63. I'm glad you found your way here. Feel free to take in all the board has to offer.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello, my name is David Tinson but I've used the name 'Hogleg' used by the Duke in several of his movies, I think indicating a gun! It's used in one of my favourites—BIG JAKE. I love John Wayne's movies and the man himself was a class act. Some of my favourites are THE SEARCHERS - THE WAR WAGON - THE TRAIN ROBBERS (awesome cast) —and the movie with one of his greatest opening scenes ever - CAHILL: US MARSHAL — I'm 53 yrs old from the UK near Oxfordshire and I'm glad to be here...

Thank you

David (Hogleg)

• Hello Hogleg! Welcome to the forum. When picking my favorites, The Searchers is always at or near the top. I'm glad you found us. Jump in anywhere you please.

Mark

• Hello Hogleg! Welcome to the forum. When picking my favorites, The Searchers is always at or near the top. I'm glad you found us. Jump in anywhere you please.

Mark

Thanks

He acted very well in the Searchers and I'm sure we all know he should have got an Oscar for his superb performance...

Great supporting cast too.

RED RIVER a favourite too.

Thanks

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Hogleg ().

• Welcome Hogleg!! It is so awesome to know there are still Duke fans in the UK! And the Searchers is probably my favorite film of all time. I could go on for hours about that movie, but I for now, big welcome from the deep south!!

• Welcome Hogleg!! It is so awesome to know there are still Duke fans in the UK! And the Searchers is probably my favorite film of all time. I could go on for hours about that movie, but I for now, big welcome from the deep south!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Sadiebelle. I grew up watching his movies so they have always been special for me. And my 25 year old nephew Matty is a fan after watching RIO LOBO with me— we both love that one too (great scenes with Jack Elam).

As for the 'Searchers' well, it's a masterpiece...

When they meet with the chief and see Debbie as an Indian woman... just a killer moment...

Best regards,

Hogleg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Hogleg ().

• Thank You for letting me join. I really was searching for an answer to question and this site came up. I had recently purchased a replica western rig and now every western film I watch Im just looking at gunbelts the whole time! Anyways.. in what film did the Duke first start wearing his signature 2 tone gun belt...? And was it made by Andy Andersen?

• Hello and welcome to the board, Hanomag. I'm sure someone here can answer your question for you. I, myself, don't know the answer. Thanks for joining in.

Mark

• I believe Hondo (1953) is credited with the first appearance of the rough-out gun belt. As for the maker, I don't know if anyone actually knows. John Bianchi designed the holster for Duke and possibly the belt. I've read that Anderson didn't make a rig for Duke until 1969. Anderson didn't move to LA until 1958, so I'm pretty sure that with him living in Arkansas at the time Hondo was filmed, he wouldn't have made that rig. One other name that has been fielded, about the maker of the first gun belt, is Bob Brown of Hollywood. Good luck with your research!

Thank You for letting me join. I really was searching for an answer to question and this site came up. I had recently purchased a replica western rig and now every western film I watch Im just looking at gunbelts the whole time! Anyways.. in what film did the Duke first start wearing his signature 2 tone gun belt...? And was it made by Andy Andersen?