Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 621,804 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just rewatched Hitari and enjoyed a flash to the past. I lived in Kenya for a couple of years, left in the summer of 1958, within a couple of years of when the film was shot. The head game warden for the Masai Mara was having lion trouble. Two were killing cattle and threatening herd boys and it was only time until someone was hurt or killed. I took out the worst of the two and shortly after left the country. Found out later that a request to take out the second had been called in, two weeks after I had left. Magnificent animals and always tragic when the conflicts of population expansion reduce animal habitat and force game reductions. The Masai Mara of southern Kenya is very much like the terrain in Tanzania where Hitari was filmed. Thanks for allowing me to enjoy your forum. I have watched a great many of the Duke’s films over the years.

• "My name is Jim, but most people call me...................Jim." (My favorite quote from a movie, Blazing Saddles, is not a John Wayne movie, but Mel Brooks did try to recruit Wayne to play the Waco Kid at one point.)

OK, so I was told by the moderator to introduce myself. My real name is Jim but I blog a movie review blog (strictly older movies, and not necessarily all John Wayne movies) on a website "The Midnite Drive-In" under the moniker of "Quiggy". (Not sure if the rules allow me to post a link, but you can Google "Midnite Drive-In" if you are interested. Be sure to use the right spelling of 'MidNITE' however as there are posers...)

I have a very extensive John Wayne catalog. Nearly every movie that is available. I was a Wayne fan long before, but I started collecting in the early 90's because my barber shop always had a Wayne movie in the VCR when I went to get a haircut. Now the VHS tapes I started out with have been replaced by DVD. My absolute favorite Wayne movie is "El Dorado".

• This is Mr. & Mrs. Tony Stokes,
    I thank you all for such a nice warm welcome. I really enjoy everything John Wayne butt my wife loves him more than i do in her eyes he's the greatest actor of all times. We are both honored to be here.

• Hello and welcome to the forum, Tony Stokes and the Mrs.

Your wife is correct, he is the greatest actor of all time! :)

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "