Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 618,003 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• On behalf of the message board's creator and administrator, Kevin, and the other moderators (arthurarnell, Hondo Duke Lane, LibertyV, and REASR), I would like to extend a warm welcome to all newly registered members of The John Wayne Message Board. You have become part of a largely warm, friendly community of fans of one of most beloved actors of all time, the Duke, John Wayne! You will find this message board to be highly informative and often a fun place to hang out with fellow fans. We draw our members from around the world - mostly the United States, but also Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Italy, Poland, the beautiful "land down under" Australia, . . . I know there are others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head . . . :headbonk: .

We created the Newbie Forum as a place where you might have some of your questions answered, that seem to arise mostly for new members to the forum.

Can't figure out how to do some things? Ask here. More seasoned members will likely jump right in to assist.

Check out some of the topics in this forum. They have been specifically placed here, because they represent some of the most frequently asked questions by new members (like "In how many movies has the Duke's character died?").

There are some other topics, like How Do You Become a JW Fan? and Fan Geography, that give you an opportunity to get to know some of our members a little better, and let us know you a little better, if you will post there.

So have fun, and we hope you'll join in the many conversations that take place here. Don't be afraid to go back a few pages in the forums and discover some long forgotten discourses, and add your thoughts.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi, I just found and immediately joined this site. I think it is one fantastic site and liked it at first glance. I am a 37 year old and life-long John Wayne fan and I hope to get to know more John Wayne fans.

Best regards: The Ringo Kid. :cowboy:

PS, in case you do not know my real name--please just send me a PM or an email. Or you can wait till I admit it here in the future. :cowboy:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo Kid,

I want to welcome you to this great site, and I am just glad to see that you found us. :) I hope you will visit frequently and have a great time. ;) Just don't be shy. :huh: We won't bite. :wacko:

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• :cowboy: Yah Tah Hay Hondo, thank you for the nice welcoming. You can bet your boots I will be a frequent visitor to this fine site.

By the way, I want to give you greetings in the Cherokee Language which is: O SI YO.

Best regards TRK.

• Hey, Ringo Kid!

I've been away for a few days and the Mrs. has been pretty busy with kid activities, so this is our first opportunity to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind this side of dot com!

We're real glad you found us, and it looks like you've jumped in with both feet! We look forward to getting to know you better as we catch up on our reading this evening.

Again, WELCOME!! :D

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• :cowboy: Hello Chester & the Mrs, thank you for the warm greetings and I do look forward to contributing here as often as possible.

Heh heh, you can also say that I came in with both guns blazing as well. :) I am known on historical and collectors forums. On ww2n I had almost 14,000 posts, on two other collectors sites I had appx 7,000 total, adn now I am on four other sites with a grand total of about 1,000 posts. Im no longer active on the first few sites because of time restrictions but, I do like it here and do wish to share what little I can on our favorite person, The Duke.

I have a few production stills that have him in them that I want to share here but have no way in doing so. The stills are from the following movies:

1) The Flying Tigers - which shows him standing next to his P-40 Warhawk Fighter with his Chinese crewchief. They are pointing to the bullet-holes in his craft.

2) Fort Apache - This is a shot of very near the end of the movie before Henry Fonda and the rest are wiped out. They are in that little depression in the ground and are waiting for the Apaches to attack.

I find it funny that this production still actually shows a big error in it. The error is that John Wayne (Captain York) is there with them at the last--when he was not. It is a great photo anyway. You can make out all the characters liks Victor McLaglen, The Duke, Henry Fonda, Pedro Armendariez and the rest.

Thank you kind sir and maam. Best regards- TRK.

• I joined and posted at the John Wayne Message Board several months ago, but haven't visited in awhile. I got an email stating that someone had responded to a thread I subscribed to and it brought me back into a big Duke mood! So thanks Ringo Kid for jump starting that old thread, and welcome! I have recently read many old threads and have enjoyed them quite a bit. I've already had a formal introduction back in March, but I would like to say hello to everyone here again and I look forward to everyone's contributions to the board.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• :cowboy: Hello Cole, your quite welcome and glad to "meet" you here. I make it a habit that when I find a forum, that I check as many older topics as possible. It really helps me get the hang of the site faster.

Best regards--TRK.

• Howdy to all John Wayne fans, I just joined the site today, and was glad that I found it. Use to chat JW on another great board, which disappeared two three years ago
    I'm an old JW fan(40 winters), and have been member of the JOHN WAYNE FILM SOCIETY in Englang for 10 years. Have a look on this one> http://www.filmcutts.com<, and see have we in Europe are crazy about The Duke. :jump:
    looking forward to chat
    Larry

• Hi Larry
    good to have you here, just received the latest issue of the Society in England, couple good articles in that one, so I guess we can recommend becoming a member.

• Larry,

A big HOWDY to you, and welcome to the John Wayne Message Board!

We have quite a few members in Europe, and several in the UK (CHANCE, arthurarnell, Robbie . . . might be some others, but those are the ones we can think of right now :rolleyes: )

Anyway, we're glad to have you join us, and look forward to getting to know you better.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Larry

I would also like to add my welcome to you.

I joined the John Wayne Film Society around eight or nine years ago and agree with you.

Where abouts in England do you live?

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Howdy, ya'll!! My name is Sharon, I'm 15, and I'm new here. But not new to John Wayne...I'm a big John Wayne fan, always have been. Anyway, I've actually been registered here for like...more than a week now, I've just had computer problems, so I just haven't been able to get on and post. <_< Anyhow, lately I've been really thinking a lot of John Wayne 'cause I've been learning how to ride western a bit. I already know how to ride, but not western, so I'm learning. Its great! Anyhow, glad to be hear! :D B)

"That'll be the day..."

• :cowboy: Howdy back to all, very nice welcome, Well, itdo-Mr chester :newyear: & Mrs :angel1: -arthurarnell-trooper, I'm a european who got the American spirite from John Wayne, he made me love the American way, through westerns, which is what I love the most, I'm a cowboy, and a soldier in the union army, through the re-enactment associaton of the 20th maine. I would also recommend checking out JWFS in England, which issues a journal twice a year on John Wayne, and -itdo- I think the last one was the best. I lived 4 years in England,sunbury on thames & ottershaw close to woking (wonderfull country, and friendly people"love the pubs").
    now I live in France next to Disney land paris.
    I love the quotes of Duke on Your replies, and Trooper, 15 and hooked on The Duke, was it through the westerns?

Howdy to your all

Larry ;)

• Hey Trooper, that's a good name you picked for yourself. I tried a little western riding myself and know it can be a great joy. Keep on going!

Larry, that's a neat place you're writing from - Disneyland Paris! They came pretty close to closing this time, didn't they. At the last minute the banks backed them up again. Imagine that huge place becoming kinda ghost town, incredible.

• Hello, Larry, thanks for the welcome. Was it the westerns that got me hooked on the Duke? Partly, yes. It was mostly just him...not his character in movies, but he himself. He was a great man. Very conservative. I'm not a westerner, though...I'm a southerner. :mellow: Anyhow, again, thanks for the welcome.

(is ticked that her avatar isn't working <_<)

"That'll be the day..."

• Hi Everybody -

I'm a newbie, as everybody can see. Can't stay long for now - just to let you know I'm a born and raised and lifelong resident of San Antonio, TX, so the Duke had strong ties here. I understand that another San Antonian was a good friend of Duke's - Big John Hamilton - who appeared in a number of his pictures. I have been looking over this site for a little over a week and found such a lot of fascinating information that I had to register.
    Am looking forward to interrelating with the group.
    Have a good day all!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"