When Were You Born?

There are 350 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 220,266 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well...

I was born on Tuesday, August 15, 1961 at 9:43 AM at Fort Sanders Hospital in Knoxville, TN. I grew up in the beautiful hills of East Tennessee in the birthplace of the Manhattan Project - the Atomic City - Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

I literally cannot remember a time when I WASN'T a John Wayne fan. I went to see my first JW movie at the Grove theatre in 1966 (El Dorado), and at my grandfather's 70th birthday bash (he was born in 1900, and was a big mover and shaker in the county and mountain enclave where he lived, so there were a couple hundred folks there), I (all of 9 years old mind you) recited the famous "fill yer hands, yiou son-uv-a-*****, from "True Grit" much to his and the crowd's delight, and my saintly mother's (his daughter) chagrin :uhhuh:

Like several others who've posted before me, I grew up saying yes or no sir or ma'am, holding doors open for ANYONE, and having grace and good manners towards people of ALL races.

Until the day he died in 2002, my father and I shared a mutual love and respect for John Wayne and what his movies represented. I used to buy him VHS editions of anything I could find to make our collections as identical as I could make them. We would also play the latest Nintendo games together with my younger brother and the sons of our older siblings. Now THAT was something to see - a 70 something WWII vet and his 30 something sons beating the pants off of teenage boys at Super Mario Brothers 3!

One thing we ALL loved to do was watch John Wayne movies. It was, and remains to this day, a family tradition.

Thanks for letting me share.....

• Add another baby boomer. I was born in 1949 and remember going to see The Searchers at the drive in while wearing my pjs.
    My Dad, a veteran and survivor of DDay and the Bulge, was a Duke fan and it was a big deal for the family to dress up for dinner and go see a Wayne film. After coming home from Alamo, my brother and I were excitedly reviewing the gory deaths of the defenders. Dad stopped us cold by quietly saying that it's no fun seeing your friends die. That was the only time he ever alluded to WWII to either of us.

We deal in lead, friend.

• i was born on a saturday 2nd of september 1972.born in co.kilkenny.the first john wayne western i saw was chisum.i was about 10 years.i got in john wayne films and other westerns from my mother and older brother.i just love westerns and always will

• Hello

1968 was great....because I was born on the 4th November !!!! The day before Bonfire Night in England, so as a child we celebrated with fireworks at my Birthday parties too !!!!! Great fun !!!

• born dec 7,1940.makes me 69 years old.
    never met john wayne but love almost all of his movies.
    joined this site march 2007.

Edited once, last by popper: added info ().