The gunfighters

There are 30 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,786 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Back in the 1980s I did a T.V. Series of 7 One Hour Shows for Hearst A.B.C. Called "The Gunfighters" and we did it from History not from what Hollywood showed them as !
    :wink_smile:
    In Todays World they would be Called Mass Killers !!
    :omg:
    In the Series Gabby Hays Jr. and I did Most of The Stunt Work to Keep The Cost Down. I had put up Some of it Before, But I really Did Not know how to Do this "YouTube" Thing ?
    :no:
    Duke studied most of these Stories for His Last Film "The Shootist" but they had to make J.B. Books a much Softer Shootist.
    :teeth_smile:
    Here are a Few Film Clips from "The Gunfighters" that are still Shown on some of The History Channels and Shows Them
    AS THEY REALLY WERE !!!
    (bud)
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Great stuff, very informative.
    The movie guns, or props, do they weigh the same amount as a real gun? Do they actually shoot blanks, or is the smoke all inserted into the film?
    Andy:confused:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• Andy,
    All of the Weapons that were used in the Series were Real and Fired Blanks, and Many of the Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns are in The John Wayne part of the Museum in Williams, Arizona !
    Bill

• Here are a few more Film Clips of "The Gunfighters" and My Favoite, because it was One Of The Few Times that I got My Wife Martha In Front of the Camera !
    :no:
    She was the only one that I knew that could Play This Kind of "Rag-Time" Music, so Martha went ahead in these Next Few Clips and we Rolled The Camera !!
    Martha and I had been Married for over 50 Years, and Has Been Gone Almost 10 Years Now and this is the Only Time I get to Hear Her Play Rag-Time anymore !!!
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• Here are the Last Clips of "The Gunfighters" and Some of You Might Like the First Clip because Old Chilibill as a Crooked Gambler Gets Shot from Under The Gambling Table !
    :yeaahh:
    In the Next Clip Ben And King Get Shot and Go Down in The History Books !!!
    :sad_smile:
    Chilibill

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]