Gary Cooper

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: Western Screen Legends- Gary Cooper

mfan0825 wrote:

It's a shame Coop and Duke never worked together. Wouldn't that have been awesome?

And what a pity Gary Cooper never worked with John Ford (excepted The Adventures of Marco Polo (1938), but John Ford was uncredited)!

Gary cooper a great actor.his best western is the hanging tree.a great title song by marty robbins.great cast and location and director in delmer daves.i taught high noon was very slow and nothing really happens in it until the last 10mins.didnt like the westerner it just didnt appeal to me i dont no why.i liked northwest mounted police and man of the west,it was a tough western.a violent film for 1958

Check out the latest movie profiled (war movie) and you will see that Keith was kind enough to make the threasd as well as post my pic of he and Goddadr in: Unconquered ;-))
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Re: Thread needed for: Gary Cooper:

Nice pics Larry and Carl. Surely there is a Gary Cooper thread somewhere?

The family that built the houseboat with us sent Cecil B. De Mille a wedding invitation because they had always thought he was Dan De Mille Plaster's second or third cousin. He sent a most elaborate, huge sterling silver platter with congratulations. Many years later, I was talking to Dan's wife Sue about that, and she said they had found out that there was absolutely NO relation whatsover. LOL, just shows what you can get if you try! KEITH
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE
    • Re: Screen Legends- Gary Cooper

Dooley wrote:

Lol, but WAS there a Gary Cooper thread beforehand? Sounds like it may have gone the same way as he Rock Hudson one that you resurrected when I asked wher it had gone!

Peter,
      No this one has been here since 2008,
      just that Carl, searched in Western Screen Legends,
      but of course Gary did all sorts of movies.
      There never was a Rock Hudson thread,(Don't know how he slipped through our net)
      so there was no resurrection.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Re: Screen Legends- Gary Cooper

ethanedwards wrote:

Peter,
      No this one has been here since 2008,
      just that Carl, searched in Western Screen Legends,
      but of course Gary did all sorts of movies.
      There never was a Rock Hudson thread,(Don't know how he slipped through our net)
      so there was no resurrection.

Cool, good to know I spotted something missing!
      Damn cold, don't want type any more my hands are cold, lol!
      "Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"