The Alamo (1960)

There are 626 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 532,397 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• [quote='Gorch','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=120723#post120723']

Oh Lordy me MB, that last one of Duke is fanTAStic. Possible to send it 600 DPI.....if not, no biggy, just makes it a little easier. Now, just have to get the movie so I know where it came from, or can you tell me. Looks as if it is near the end? He sure lost a bunch of weight for this didn't he....or maybe he hadn't put it all on yet.

About your article.......will I be able to guest host you on my blog? Or is it for one publication only?

Will love to host anyone on the board who would like to write about one of their favorites....pictures also. The article I wrote, when I entered a phrase about Ward, was already on the first page of Google two days later....boy, was I surprised. It was listed with Speakeasy and the other blogger I helped to correct and add a few things to his article. And, it doesn't have to be about the whole movie. If you read mine, you will see that it was only about a few unknown things about Ward's part in Wagon Master.

Thanks MB, YK

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Good call, Mark. That's the one. I believe, but I may be mistaken, that the powder burn on his cheek was after the frontal assault was repulsed. Duke has the mark on his face when Bowie is having his leg treated.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Here's a trio of pics that I got from Shahan's Alamo Village when it was still open to the public.
    The first one is part of a deleted scene from Houston's entry into San Antone. It was much longer and included the foot soldiers which he mentions and some cannon. Note the muddy wheels.

• Here's still a little different from the studio issued one. It looks as if Widmark is doing his own stunt riding here. Keith, I know that you're interested in stuntmen so maybe you can figure out who they are.