North To Alaska (1960)

There are 105 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 105,038 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• WOW! Don't know what you all see in this one! Can you really picture the Duke going across the continent to pick up a girl to bring back for his partner? I did like the theme song, Can't warm up to this one.

Edited once, last by wtrayah ().

• This was such a fun movie, I loved when Duke got worked up and he wanted to go for the girl, great picture.

I agree, one of my preferred, humorous, Duke movies. My favorite scene is the lumberjack skills race to the top of the trees. Though I realize it wasn't really Duke up there, it wouldn't surprise me if it was!

Chester :newyear:

• This one and Donovan's Reef, silly, corny, humor. Stories were kinda DRAB. Mclintock was funny! He wasn't at his best in a comedy role. Thats my opinion, for what little its worth. Don't know what you all see in it!

• This one and Donovan's Reef, silly, corny, humor. Stories were kinda DRAB. Mclintock was funny! He wasn't at his best in a comedy role. Thats my opinion, for what little its worth. Don't know what you all see in it!

Can't argue with any the points you made, these movies aren't up there in the top 10, but, every now and then, one is looking for a movie that is full of silly, corny, humor, and if the stories kinda drab, so be it. :wink_smile:

Chester :newyear:

Wtrayah, I'm on side.
    It's entertaining, light hearted and enjoyable but doesn't rank high on my list of Duke roles.
    I actually much prefer Donovan's reef but that has a lot to do with the stellar supporting cast in Lee Marvin and Cesar Romero not to mention John Ford!

Mclintock is a solid gold classic!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"