How Many Of Us Share Our 'fanism' With Our Folks?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,747 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I HAVE SHARED BEING A JOHN WAYNE FAN WITH MY DAD (AND GRANDMOTHER, I RECENTLY FOUND OUT) ALL MY LIFE. SUCH WONDERFUL, WARM MEMORIES. I AM THE DAUGHTER OF A MAJOR DUKE FAN. IT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO TALK WITH MY DAD FOR HOURS ABOUT THE WESTERNS, WAR MOVIES, AND ADVENTURE MOVIES THE DUKE DID. WE WOULD RECAP PLAY BY PLAY, WHERE THE MOVIES WERE MADE, ETC. MY FATHER LIVES IN ARIZONA, CLOSE BY WHERE A LOT OF DUKE'S MOVIES WERE MADE. HE EVEN STAYED AT THE HOTEL THAT WAS BUILT WHERE "SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON" WAS FILMED. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE SIMILAR STORIES? ARE YOU WILLING TO SHARE? I WOULD LOVE TO READ ABOUT THEM. THANKS :jump:

P/S I LOVE "HATARI" . IT'S NOT THE USUAL DUKE FLICK, BUT I THINK IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES. ANYONE ELSE LIKE THIS ONE? :rolleyes:

MICHAELLE

• Hi Michaelle -

Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, where you can find out all sorts of interesting information about the Duke. Some very knowledgeable people are members here and if you have any questions about John Wayne (or many other topics, for that matter), you will find that, more than likely, someone here can answer them for you.

Hatari was one of the Duke's better flicks, though not quite at the top (my opinion, of course).

Jay ^^

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• :cowboy: Hi Michaelle, and welcome to this site.

I too had parents who loved The Duke and my brother and I also became Duke fans watching his movies played on TV. I think my older brother is not as much of a Duke fan as I am but that's OK, i'm perfectly willing to take up any slack on that.

By the way, Sands of Iwo Jima was playing on AMC Tv today when I was invited to eat lunch with a friend. I sat there and watched it until my friend arrived and left. Such a great film.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Welcome Michaelle. We have a forum member that lives on Arizona and has allot of info about Duke and his films in Arizona. Chilibill is his name and he was actually a extra in some of the calvary trilogy movies.

And as you can tell from my avatar, I really like the movie Hatari as well. One of my favorites. Again welcome. Take a look around and have fun.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Michaelle
    "Sharing JW with our folks" I do - or rather, I sometimes force it on them. Don't we all? After all, they have to put up with that. And they have to make room in the house for the memorabilia, don't they? So - it's best they get used to his image on the walls in a hurry. :P

• Michaelle,

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board!

I have definitely shared the love of the Duke with my wife and youngest son (the rest of the family tolerates it :rolleyes: ).

For many, this message board is like family, especially when it comes to enjoying John Wayne together, discussing his movies, his likes and dislikes, and many different aspects of his life and career.

Glad to have you join us!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hello and welcome to the board.My grandfatehr first introduced me to the Duke many years ago,well im only 19 but he passed away in 1996....so my interest goes way back.Other than he im the only true fan in my extended family although my mother and father will occasionally sit down and watch one with me...out of politeness? im not sure...but i am trying to introduce the Duke to all of my family,especially the youngest generation.

again,welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy your stay...

-InHarmsWay

• Hello All
    Hi Michaelle Hatari has had some harsh reviews but our kids like it. I enjoy it as well and give a big thumbs up to the elephants in the cast. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@Aug 26 2005, 02:45 AM
    Hatari has had some harsh reviews but our kids like it. I enjoy it as well and give a big thumbs up to the elephants in the cast. Kilo

[snapback]20856[/snapback]

I've always enjoyed the segment dealing with "Pockets' " trials and tribulations with the "monkey catching rocket." Red Buttons was really a great member of the cast in his portrayal of his character.
    My wife is also a JW fan, but most other family members live away from us, so there is not much chance for us to spread the word among them.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"