Seabee Documentary

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,491 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Has anyone heard of a documentary John Wayne did called "Home for the Seabees" a year before he died? It was done from the Seabee Museum in Port Hueneme, CA. I don't think it was ever actually published, but a few copies of it got out anyway. I'd be interested in any history anyone has on this.

• bjharger,

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board, the best little message board this side of dot com :D !

As to your question, I haven't heard of the documentary you described, but as an old Navy man, I sure would be interested in getting my hands on a copy myself. This is a pretty good place to try to find an answer. I'll sure put my feelers out, as I hadn't heard about it before.

Again, welcome, and we hope to see you around!

Chester :newyear:

• Hi bjharger

Welcome :lol: I don't know anything about that documentary. But this is the place to come for help in finding whatever you're looking for regarding John Wayne. Some of these guys know things about Duke,which even he didn't know about himself. :D I hope you enjoy.

As for the Seabees, I watched "THE FIGHTING SEABEES" last night.
    What a great movie.

Emmanuel :jump:

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• One of my favorites also!!! :D

Thought I'd bring this back to the top to see if anyone has heard of this Seabee
    Documentary that bjharger was asking about.

• Hey Chester,

Can you tell us where you can get this video and is it available on DVD?

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo,

The Fighting Seabees is one of my favorites, but I suspect that is already in your DVD collection. I was wondering about the documentary to which bjharger made the original reference. Believe me, I wish I knew where to find it!

If I can find time, I will try to call the Seabee museum in Port Hueneme and see if they know anything about it. If I remember correctly, they have quite a bit of information about John Wayne making the movie, The Fighting Seabees. I'll let you know if I find anything.