What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,474,099 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Wichita" (1955)
    -Joel McCrea

Plot :IMDB
    Ex-Buffalo Hunter and entrepreneur Wyatt Earp arrives in the lawless cattle town of Wichita Kansas. His skill as a gunfighter make him a perfect candidate for Marshal but he refuses the job until he feels morally obligated to bring law and order to this wild town.

Phantom's Review: Like most films based on real people, this film has about a teaspoon of truth mixed in with a couple of gallons of romanticized adventure, but that's okay, this is a truly fun movie, with plenty of action and a good story. Joel McCrea is as dependable as always. He really was one of the best western actors. Not a classic, bit definitely worth watching.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Whispering Smith w/ Alan Ladd, Robert Preston, Donald Crisp and William Demarest. I was surprised that it was a very well made and very good Western.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Did back to back viewings of both "3:10 to Yuma" movies. While the remake had great production values and color, the original had better pacing and dramatic impact.
    If forced to chose, I'm riding with Glenn Ford.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Finally got around to watching Cowboys and Aliens. I was surprised, it wasn't too bad. Much better than I was expecting it to be.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• A classic last night from another 4-Westerns-two DvD set I just bought: Kansas Raiders (1950) W: Audie Murphy as Jesse James,
    Brian Donlevy as William Clarke Quantrill,
    Richard Long as Frank James,
    James Best as Cole Younger,
    Dewey Martin as James (Jim) Younger,
    Tony Curtis as Kit Dalton,
    Richard Arlen as a Yankee Captain,
    Scott Brady as "Bloody" Bill Anderson,
    Marguerte Chapman as Kate Clarke
    and pleasantly surprising as it was a very early appearance by: Richard Egan--he played a bit part of a Yank 1st Lieutenant..

Oh and, John Kellogg as the Red Legs Leader.

• The Lawless Breed w/ Rock Hudson as John Wesley Hardin, John McIntire as his Father as well as his Uncle, a early appearance by Lee van Cleef and Hugh O'Brien. Im not a big hudson fan but, I thought he did great in this role-as well as the others.

• Texas Rangers w/ Fred Macmurray, Lloyd Nolan, Jack Oakie and Gabby Hayes. Im not a huge fan of Macmurray but, he was surprisingly good in this movie. I saw another Western but forgot its name but will post later.

Today, saw: Shanghai Noon with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson, I have saw it before but it was surprisingly good. Shanghai Knights will be tonight or tomorrow.

Im back on a Western "kick" again.

• Happens to me all the time. One good thing about it is that you get to see somehting again and enjoy it again-without realizing you enjoyed it previously.