Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,193,414 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

  • Hello All
    Thought this might be a place to talk about movies you have watched ; new releases older films and in between. It offers other members a chance to hear one or more opinions about movies they might want to rent or buy. :jump::cry2::fear2::(

    Greetings from North of the 49th

  • The family and I just finished watching "The Count of Monte Cristo". Its the newset version with Jim Cavziel and Guy Pierce. Very good film.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne


  • You are correct there Emmanuel, that is a great movie. My wife and I watched that one on Friday for about the 10th time!!!

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

  • Let's see...In the last couple of weeks I saw:


    An American Haunting (pretty decent)
    Poseidon (very good)
    Over The Hedge ( very funny)
    X-men: The Last Stand (very good)
    The DaVinci Code (very good)

    They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

  • "Batman Begins" - a somewhat offbeat look at the comic book character, focusing on his beginning (as the title implies). This was an improvement over the last several go-rounds.
    Cheers - Jay :D

    Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

  • Quote

    Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 5 2006, 02:26 PM
    "Batman Begins" - a somewhat offbeat look at the comic book character, focusing on his beginning (as the title implies). This was an improvement over the last several go-rounds.
    Cheers - Jay :D

    [snapback]31851[/snapback]




    Jay, I thought that was the best adaptation of Batman in the movies so far. I liked how the movie made him out to be more of a "real" person instead of hokey like the other films with Keaton, Clooney(Sorry Ringo, I said his name!!), and Kilmer. I really liked this movie alot.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

  • not to highjack the thread but Adam West was the best batman ever!



    The last non-western I watched was "Wake of the red witch". Being a single parent of four kids I don't get to see much else... well lots of VeggieTales.

    You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

  • I had a Ralph Fiennes double feature, the Constant Gardner and Sunshine. Sunshine isn't that well know but it's a good movie and Fiennes plays three characters, grandfather, father and son. He really is one of the great actors working today.

  • The Butterfly Effect is a great movie for those who like time travel. It deals with the main character who found out he had the ability to go back in time (his past) and change the outcome of painful events that happened to him and his friends. But he learns that subtle changes then make dramatic changes years later. I loved the film more than I thought I would.


    Mark

    "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

  • Quote

    Originally posted by dukefan1@Jun 5 2006, 10:48 PM
    The Butterfly Effect is a great movie for those who like time travel. It deals with the main character who found out he had the ability to go back in time (his past) and change the outcome of painful events that happened to him and his friends. But he learns that subtle changes then make dramatic changes years later. I loved the film more than I thought I would.


    Mark

    [snapback]31860[/snapback]



    That was my thought as well. I think Ashton Kutcher is quite limited in what he can do on screen but he pulled this character off and made a surprisingly good film.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

  • Quote

    Originally posted by SXViper@Jun 5 2006, 05:03 PM
    Jay, I thought that was the best adaptation of Batman in the movies so far. I liked how the movie made him out to be more of a "real" person instead of hokey like the other films with Keaton, Clooney(Sorry Ringo, I said his name!!), and Kilmer. I really liked this movie alot.

    [snapback]31853[/snapback]




    Hi Todd, your forgiven :angry: (just kidding w/ the angry face) :rolleyes::D

    Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

  • Back on subject.


    The last non Westerns I watched were:


    At the Dollar Cinema (last Friday) I watched: Failure To Launch w/ Matthew McConaughey, Sarah Jessica Parker, Terry Bradshaw and Kathy bates. Surprisingly I really enjoyed this film which is not usually the kind I would go see but, I had many laughs from it as well as (the only place in town that sell's it) a large glass of Mr. Pibb.


    On Saturday evening I watched: Magnum Force w/ Clint Eastwood, Hal Holbrook, Mitchell Ryan, David Soul, Rest in Peace next three names) John Mitchum, Robert Urich and Albert Popwell.


    Sunday evening I watched: The Frogmen w/ Richard Widmark, Gary Merrill and Robert Wagner.

    Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..


  • The Frogmen, that is one film that I have always wanted to buy but everytime I go buy a movie, I get something else. I really like Richard Widmark in just about everything he did.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

  • Hi Todd, same here about Richard Widmark. I grew up watching him as well as the Duke, Henry Fonda, Charlton Heston, Chas Bronson, Telly Savalas and so many other greats.


    The Frogmen is a pretty good movie. As far as his war movies go, I prefer Hall's of Montezuma over the Frogmen, but mainly because HoM had greats like Richard Boone, Walter Palance and Neville Brand in them. One cannot go wrong having Palance and Brand in a war movie as they were both combat veterans--specially Brand.


    One Richard Widmark war movie I am anxiusly awaiting to see releasedoon DvD is: Hell and High Water. It's not exactly a war movie per-se but is a great action movie from the 1950's. Another is Time Limit which is more a Courtroom drama than a war movie though a good portion of it takes place during the Korean War.

    Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

  • Watched an actioner the other night - "The Rundown." Not bad for its type with gorgeous scenery (filmed in Hawaii playing the part of Brazil). Starred wrestling megastar "The Rock," aka Darryl Johnson, who actually has some kind of screen presence. Also starred Rosario Dawson (MIBII, Adventures of Pluto Nash) as the female eye-candy as well as Christopher Walken doing a turn as a tongue-in-cheek villain. Not too bad as a B movie action flick with lots of wrestling-style fights.
    Cheers - Jay :D

    Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

  • Quote

    Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 7 2006, 03:55 PM
    Watched an actioner the other night - "The Rundown." Not bad for its type with gorgeous scenery (filmed in Hawaii playing the part of Brazil). Starred wrestling megastar "The Rock," aka Darryl Johnson, who actually has some kind of screen presence. Also starred Rosario Dawson (MIBII, Adventures of Pluto Nash) as the female eye-candy as well as Christopher Walken doing a turn as a tongue-in-cheek villain. Not too bad as a B movie action flick with lots of wrestling-style fights.
    Cheers - Jay :D

    [snapback]31950[/snapback]



    Jay, that was a good movie to get away for a couople hours with. Nothing great for acting, just a fun flick to get your mind off things for a bit.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

  • I watched Valiant and StarWars III tonight with the kids. The movies are ok but the couch time with my kids makes any movie worth watchin'.

    You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

  • I started last eve with a Western on one of the cable stations. After it was over, I then watched Dirty Harry w/ Clint Eastwood, John Mitchum and Harry Guardino. Dang it, I sure do miss Mitchum and Guardino. :(


    After that I watched La Strada (The Street) w/ Anthony Quinn (The great Pompano) & Richard Basehart (The Fool). Again, that kind of movie aint my typical type to watch but, I did so only because Anthony Quinn and Richard Basehart were in it. This movie is a wierd but enjoyable movie. Also was in Italian being that it was filmed there.

    Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

  • Last night my wife and I watched Firewall with Harrison Ford. It was a passable, drama/thriller that was alright. It was definitely a renter though. But, it could have been much worse. It had the "albino" from The Da Vinci Code, Paul Bettany playing the bad guy.

    Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne