How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 895,673 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Vera, tis my pleasure to send you a compliment ;) Also and 0 celcius is warm? I think that is = to 23 degrees "F" is it not?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jan 5 2006, 10:24 PM
    Hi Vera, tis my pleasure to send you a compliment ;) Also and 0 celcius is warm? I think that is = to 23 degrees "F" is it not?

[snapback]25020[/snapback]

Actually it's 32 degrees Fahrenheit Ringo. It's not that bad for us living in the far north. It's been slightly colder where I live the last three or four weeks.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jan 5 2006, 12:24 PM
    Also and 0 celcius is warm? I think that is = to 23 degrees "F" is it not?

[snapback]25020[/snapback]

Carl,

I don't know if that was a typo on your part, but 0º C = 32º F.

That doesn't sound especially warm to me either, but it might be compared to a much colder temperature, like 0º F, which would be -17º C!

How did I do that? Ah, the wonders of the Internet - Temperature Conversion Calculator.

Mrs. C :angel1:

Originally posted by Popol Vuh@Jan 5 2006, 04:45 PM
    Actually it's 32 degrees Fahrenheit Ringo. It's not that bad for us living in the far north. It's been slightly colder where I live the last three or four weeks.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

[snapback]25026[/snapback]

Thanks Popul Vuh--I meant that but was not paying attention much to my typing (as usual) ;-))

• Hi Mrs C. thanks for that--and it was a typo. I was not paying attention (as usual) when typing. I need a head-bash :headbonk::) Also, thanks for that link--now I can make heads or tails out of the conversions. :):)

Originally posted by chester7777@Jan 5 2006, 04:51 PM
    And I was calculating and typing while Popol Vuh was posting . . . :rolleyes: !

Mrs. C :angel1:

[snapback]25030[/snapback]

I went to that site and checked a few temperatures out using the calculator. I think 100 degrees F was about 37 Celcius. That was about the normal temperatures we had in my are almost all summer long. Most of the summer days were at 98 F and above. :blink:

• Thank you Mrs C. for all information about temperature. I was always guessing about t acording Farengeit. 0 Celsius is warm for that time of the year, 0 F is more usial for us at January.
    And I think, Carl, that we never had so high temperature at summer. if it is cold summer there is from 16 to 20 Celsius, and in really hot time it is from 25 to 30 Celsius. Very rare more then that.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Well, we've been from Fahrenheit to Celsius (or Kelvin, which is the same thing), not to mention absolute zero.
    I'm always the slowpoke here, Vera, but let me congratulate you on 500 posts just the same. Great work, always love your thoughts.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Senta, I could definately like the Summer temperatures you get. The temperatures I posted are the normal for Corpus Christi -- unfortunately. Boy it gets so blasted hot here along with the some 89% or more (more or less permanent) humidity. Ugg, just the act of opening the door to my home and walking out to the stairs will make you sweat buckets of water. I have lived here all my life and i'm still not used to it. I am hoping someday to have enough money saved up so I can move to Colorado, buy some land and build a house there.

But, I am glad you don't have harsh summers like we do here. Take care Vera--C.

• I see that we were way off topic on another post and instead of deleting it, I wanted to start another topic on this. It's kinda fun to know how different places in the world has different tempatures and I wanted to post mine right now, January 6, 2006 at 41F. Our temps are dropping to a low of 26F with wind. :fear2:

To convert, that is 5C and -3C. :rolleyes:

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well its been about 40C if not more here, and then there's the storms, one this morning, lightning strike in our paddock, I think my horse jumped about 10 feet in the air.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jan 6 2006, 03:24 PM
    I see that we were way off topic on another post and instead of deleting it, I wanted to start another topic on this.

[snapback]25076[/snapback]

Hondo,

Thanks SO much for doing that! I had thought about it a couple of times, but just didn't have the time when I was thinking of it, so appreciate you taking the initiative!

Here, in the Santa Cruz mountains of California, at a little after 6 PM, it is clear skies and 48º F (or 8º C).

Before morning, it could get into the mid-thirties if the skies stay clear.

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by Bek@Jan 6 2006, 04:09 PM
    Well its been about 40C if not more here, and then there's the storms, one this morning, lightning strike in our paddock, I think my horse jumped about 10 feet in the air.

[snapback]25079[/snapback]

Whoa, Bek, that is pretty hot - 104º F!

How do you like the hot weather? Personally, I don't like it too hot, but I know some folks like it.

Chester :newyear:

• In Gilroy, Ca. Garlic capitol of the world ... we are at 50 deg F at 6:30pm low will be in the 40's ... still shorts weather B)

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Hi

Over here its about 5 degrees cold with a watery sun that gives no warmth, but it promises to get better by the begining of next week we have been promised heavy rain.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Well, here today is about 76 degrees "F." Tomorrow is going to be hotter and then I think we get another cool front in.

• It was 70 degrees (F) today which is very unusual for us. Usually there is snow on the ground this time of year. It has been very dry here with no precipitation since the weekend before Christmas. Some of our southern counties of the state are on burn bans what with the fires in Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. We really need some snow or rain but doesn't look like any coming soon.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• hi all

well at this time it is 28.9C (84F) we have had some really hot days with high humity so far this summer we have had about i week where the temps have been below 30C and that was only with the rain and storms. our summer temps came in about september so as you can see we have had a long summer.

bek where abouts in australia are you from as i too am an aussie glad to see another aussie aboard

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"