Hatari (1962)

There are 283 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 354,497 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey guys sorry if i'm a day late was celebrating Halloween, for my choice this month i'm going to go with Stagecoach since it's the movie that made the Duke a household name and because i'm only just getting around too watching it after failing to find a decent copy but recently picking it up on blu-ray, hope y'all are happy enough with that.

On Hatari I really didn't feel the film worked, the lack of script and planning was noticeable and it didn't flow too well for me. Might have been more interesting had it been a documentary of Duke on safari or something of that ilk but saying that it was interesting seeing Duke out in the wild and with all those exotic and unpredictable animals, but as I am a huge fan of Duke's work with Hawks it left me a little dissapointed.

• Sorry to hear that ID, a few of us really enjoyed it. Wasn't meant to be a really serious film....more like a comedy drama type. Believe you me, though, I will never try to do one again, LOL. All that work for virtually nothing.

So, Stagecoach it is. Good luck, and hope you keep it going all month...not an easy task.

I feel that Hatari was one of Duke's fun and easy type movies. Glad to know he had some. Going down there with no script and working with the animals, etc. had to have taken his mind a little off his best friend's untimely death. I am fairly certain, since there were only four years difference that he expected Ward to live out his life with him. Thank God for Hatari when Duke was hurting so emotionally. I imagine he and Ward are Still talking about how Duke was going to get him in an "ass" shot with a Rhino. Laugh on my guys....Dang, I wish you could have made some older men movies......57 was WAY too young for you to die, Ward! And it must have been a most horrible blow to Duke.

So start it up ID...ready for some talk about Stagecoach! By the way, it might have been better if you had put your comments in the Group Watch that you started rather than after if was over and it really couldn't be commented on by the others. HAGO KEITH

Hey guys sorry if i'm a day late was celebrating Halloween, for my choice this month i'm going to go with Stagecoach since it's the movie that made the Duke a household name and because i'm only just getting around too watching it after failing to find a decent copy but recently picking it up on blu-ray, hope y'all are happy enough with that.

On Hatari I really didn't feel the film worked, the lack of script and planning was noticeable and it didn't flow too well for me. Might have been more interesting had it been a documentary of Duke on safari or something of that ilk but saying that it was interesting seeing Duke out in the wild and with all those exotic and unpredictable animals, but as I am a huge fan of Duke's work with Hawks it left me a little dissapointed.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Great news! Thanks for the update.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Thanks for the update

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• WELL,Pepesnick, don't think I welcomed you here, so.....Welcome. Interesting links you have there.

Would love to get Cinema Retro...it is on my "wish list" now. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Me I like em all they are John Wayne movies and my friends there will never be another John Wayne like there will never be another Elvis so you like em or dislike em ....Rocklin