Gretchen Wayne talks about John Wayne.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,588 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here is a nice little clip I found on the Internet regarding an interview Grethen Wayne did for BBC news, I don't think its the full clip however, perhaps Arther or Keith etc may have the full version?

The clip can be found on the right hand side and its called "John Wayne's legacy at 100".

Incidentally us Brits do can understand Duke when he says the words dog and gun. :wink_smile:

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Great post Robbie,
    Thanks a lot.
    You're right, us Brits are not as 'thick' as the presenter,
    we do know the difference between 'dog and gun' !
    Also did you note, he called him The Duke!

What I notice more and more about Gretchen Wayne is,
    she comes across a much 'nicer' person than most of us gave her credit for,
    and seems genuinely, sincere about the legacy of Duke.

Also she was very supportive of his non participation
    in the US Armed Services, and the reasons why!

I will also post this on our dedicated post
    for Gretchen Wayne, and the link to this video.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Great T.V. Story, and it never fails to Amaze me that The Duke is thought of this way all over the World, after He has been Gone for Almost 30 Years Now !
    :teeth_smile:
    I know that at the Museum the Hundreds of People that come from Over Sea want to Hear all the Stories about the Duke, and You Brits want to Hear all about "Brannigan" and "The Quietman," and Victor and Maureen, and what they were Realy Like ?
    :wink_smile:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• I dont think any of the Wayne family have time for fans or any idea of a museum. By their reckoning the fans took enough of their father's time when he was alive.

The ironic thing is that Duke's films have remained popular without any help as no individual or company controlled all of his output. Can you imagine if Batjac was in charge of DVD releases. Look how long it took for Hondo Island in the Sky and High & Mighty to appear.

An example to remember is Laurel & Hardy whose rights to Hal Roach films were sold to one company in charge of releasing videos then DVDs. Their films ceased to be broadcast on TV for over 10 years and as a result their popularity and recognition with the public and potential new fans has free falled.

• I must give Gretchen Wayne Credit for Having Some of Duke's Old Films Restrored like , Hondo, The High and the Mighty and Island in the Sky that were almost Lost when Batjac's Film Vault was Flooded Years Ago !
    :ohmy:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• We are lucky that very few of Duke's movies have been lost or are not available. The restoration of The High & Mighty is a brilliant job and praise should be given to all involved.

Mike