The Ringo Kid's War & War Movie Photos

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,733 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Im HOPING this will work? as I just got in about 20 or so stills for the classic John Gavin, Jock Mahoney, Thayer David, Dana "Jim" Hutton, Lilo Pulver and Erich Maria Remarque war movie classic: A Time To Love and A Time To Die. So if I have NOT forgotten how to post pix already? ill try some here and now ;-))

• Ah well, 3 of 5 aint bad ;-))

Stills Nr 1 & 2 ARE from A Time To Love and A Time To Die. 1) John Gavin (Corporal Graeber) sitting on the ground waiting to go home on leave or has already been on leave and is back with his 2nd Kompanie. Been too long since I last saw this movie to remember what part of this movie the scene was in? Its either at the beginning or the end and not in between cuz thats when he's on leave, fell in love with a girl he knew-while looking for his parents.

Still 2) John Gavin and Lilo Pulver.

Pic 3) here by accident) is my 54th Jager Regiment, 100th Jager Division, 51st Korps, 6th Army photo of a MG-34 crew sometime in November and they are located @ Stalingrad ;-))

Still 4) Is a movie still that Bill kindly gave to me for my birthday last year-which is from his collection of stills from the Korean War classic: Pork Chop Hill w/ Gregory Peck.

Last still) Is another from my A Time To Love and A Time To Die stills. This one has Erich Maria Remarque in it (in a Chair, with John Gavin leaning against wall. Remarque is the guy who wrote the book that movie became but is more known for being the Author of the great WWI classic: All Quiet On the Western Front. His appearance in ATTTAATTD is where he plays the Father to the Lilo Pulver character (Professor Pohlmann)

I can't get my pics to open befor eposting so I mighbt wind up repeat postings of some stills in the future and mixed will be some of my original WWII photos.

Keith, if you see this? I want to see about posting all the war movies images I have an a few Western ones too. But ill need your help in getting the images posted correctly as I cant seem to turn the ones that are on their sides. Also, if you could please use these images in the correct threads in the war movies and western movies sections.

I have on this CD, about 115 war and western movie stills, lobby cards etx.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Some more, and I dont yet know what movies they are from or if thee are also from my original WWII photos collection as they are all mixed ona CD I had made earlier this week.

1) Studio Press Release photo of Steve McQueen when he was in: Wanted: Dead or Alive with newsticked in pic 2.
    3 and 4) Steve McQueen Studio Press Release Photo with newsticker of him in: Hell Is For Heroes.
    5) My one and only still from: Gunga Din w/ Vistor Mclaglen, Cary Grant (behind Gatling Gun) and Douglas Fairbanks jr.

• More.

Pic 1) Is one of my stills from the classic war movie: Battleground w/ Van Johnson, James Whitmore Sr, Douglas Fowley, Denise Darcel, John Hodiak, Richard Jaeckel, Ricardo Montalban, James Arness, Jerome Courtland and Marshall Thompson.

This one is with Johnson (Holley) standing, Thompson (Layton) sitting at table and Denise Darcel slicing some bread.

Pic 2) Blow-up of Actors Print which I bought from Marshall Thompsons Daughter: Janet--a little over a year ago. This is when they first arrived in "Bastogne".

Pic 3) The Actors Print itself.

Pic 4) Certificate of Authenticity.

Pic 5) One of my two stills from the classic Ronald Reagen Korean War classic war movie: Prisoner of War. The first man exiting the hut under the watch of a Chinese Guard is: Dewey Martin, Steve Forest and the third of course is: Ronald Wilson Reagan.

• Carl thanks for the pictures.
    But I have seen Dunga Din many many times over a span of 50 some years,and I don't remember Grant at a gatlin gun. Could this be one of the photos that they pose for, or a deleted scene. Or just a bad memory on my part. :confused_smile:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Carl thanks for the pictures.
    But I have seen Dunga Din many many times over a span of 50 some years,and I don't remember Grant at a gatlin gun. Could this be one of the photos that they pose for, or a deleted scene. Or just a bad memory on my part. :confused_smile:

Hi Bill, quite welcome and will be attempting to get the rest here especially when Keith has more time to fix my posts ;-))

That Gunga Din pic is one ive never seen used in the movie either and I too think its just one of those "pose" pics. I have one with John Wayne in it in Fort Apache which is a near end of the movie scene where he is with all those officers and noncoms who get killed by the Apaches in their final fight. Duke wasnt in that scene in the movie but, that photo is such a great one. It shows Duke wearing his hat, on bended knees right in front of the wo Regimental Flags.

Your memory is intact on Gunga Din though ;-))

• I dont know what the heck is happening? I cant seem to post more photos in this thread, so ill try a new thread Grrrrr.

• I dont know what the heck is happening? I cant seem to post more photos in this thread, so ill try a new thread Grrrrr.

Carl, from what I can make it out,
    it seems your capacity for attachments is used up in this thread.
    Please contact Kevin, who can maybe increase your capacity.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Carl, your other pictures

The first two of the next four are from: A Time To Love and A Time To Die. The German Corporal is John Gavin. The pretty female is Lilo Pulver.

The next still is Gregory Peck as he was leading the attack up Pork Chop Hill in the movie of the same name.

The last shot is of Douglas Fairbanks Jr (left) Victor McLaglen (right) and Cary Grant (unseen and behind the Gatling Gun) in: Gunga Din.

• Carl, from what I can make it out,
    it seems your capacity for attachments is used up in this thread.
    Please contact Kevin, who can maybe increase your capacity.

Thank you Keith, ill send him a PM and see what he says? Ive gor loads of Stills that could greatly be used in many of the War Movies you guys placed here ;-)) I got about 40 of those from Bill O'Hara last year. Bill gave me them as a Birthday gift-to which my little gift back to him cant compare even if one of a kind ;-))

BTW, I have some really great shots from A Time To Love....... which include images of: Don DeFore as a German Unteroffizier (Buck Sergeant) Keenan Wynn as a (Rich) Corporal, and another (and my favorite of this batch) also shows Jock Mahoney (as an) MG-42 Machinegunner. This still in particular also shows John Gavin and some others and is a real gritty kind of picture.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• I know I said id try posting more tonight but, we keep losing electrical power and also internet service, so ill try again tomorrow.