This month is the 176th anniversary of something to do w/ John Wayne.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,586 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Since I have not seen anything mentioned about this here yet? I figured that I would say something about it. As of Feb 23rd, the fight that became known as the Battle of the Alamo/ thirteen days of glory--started. Currently where im at, we are experiencing the exact same kind of weather they had as well as the cold temps to go with it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'm aware of the countdown, Ringo. On March 6 I'll be getting up early and watching "The Alamo" on Laser Disc. I can't afford to visit San Antonio but I visited the shrine quite a few times while stationed there. I'll always, um, remember it.

We deal in lead, friend.

• As soon as I read your post, Carl, the main theme just started playing in my head. It must be an omen. I had better get my DVD out!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Thank you Bill, Bob ;-)) Ive been doing a lot of thinking of those Gents and the battle since January and with the way things are going here these days-lack of Patriotism and such, I figured id better post about real patriots like Crockett and Travis and Bowie. People seem to have forgot, and im being the reminder ;-))

Im also doing an 18 page write up on it at a place I moderate on called: www.histomil.com Its at the top of the site in the American Independance section-which is in the All Classic History pre 1900 forums.

• Carl - It's during this period each year that WOAI (clear channel) broadcasts the "Thirteen Days of Glory" that the late Henry Guerra set up for that very purpose. Each day, he depicts historical events at the Alamo for that day for each of the 13 days. It has been running now for over 35 years while Guerra passed away some 12 years ago.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Carl - It's during this period each year that WOAI (clear channel) broadcasts the "Thirteen Days of Glory" that the late Henry Guerra set up for that very purpose. Each day, he depicts historical events at the Alamo for that day for each of the 13 days. It has been running now for over 35 years while Guerra passed away some 12 years ago.

Hi Jay and thank you. I THINK Ive seen this too? IS this the movie they still show at the Alamo? I need to visit the shrine again soon. Its been 8 years since I last toured it but the day my Sis and I stopped by your home-I was too sore to get out and go in. We drove past the Chapel and the Long Barracks.