Duke's Movie Soundtracks- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 135 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 31,743 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Mike,
    If it includes the song THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER
    sung by Johnny Cash,
    then almost certain, it is a re-release of the German
    DIE VIER SOHNE DER KATIE ELDER,
    Hope this helps,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• That new True Grit soundtrack looks pretty good. I was never real happy with the jazzed up version that was released.

At any rate, I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Rio Bravo soundtrack or a Chisum soundtrack. It seems to me that there is plenty of real good music in both films, and I think they would make great soundtracks. Especially if they (whoever "they" may be) were to include the opening of Chisum with the William Conrad narration, and on the Rio Bravo soundtrack they could include Dean Martin's rendition of the title song.

I've never heard of either of these films having a soundtrack CD or album made. How about any of you folks?

Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi Bob

[ATTACH]638]

I have never seen either an exclusive Rio Bravo or Chisum Disc, but if you go into John Wayne's music there is a CD in existence called My Rifle My Pony and Me issued by Bear records and includes Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson singing My Rifle My Pony and Me and Dean Martin singing Rio Bravo.

[ATTACH]639]

There is also by the same record company Rio Bravo which also includes My Rifle my Pony and Me by Dean Martin it also has four tracks by Frankie Avalon from the Alamo which are not very good and the Ballad of the War Wagon.

I have the sound track from Chisum which unfortunately doesn't icnlude the William Conrad vocal.

Like you I think it a pretty good piece of music.

I have also a three disc set entitled Wild Wild West which isn't bad and contains How the West Was Won The Comanceros Ballad of the Alamo and Green Leaves of summer and Rio Bravo (Main theme) & True Grit. The main details of this
    GLD 25416 2001 IMC Music Ltd
    issued under liscence from Intermusic SA

Regards

Arthur

Originally posted by DukePilgrim@Jun 11 2006, 10:53 AM
    Hi All

Ive seen the Rio Bravo Soundtrack CD but haven't heard of a Chisum one
    Mike

[snapback]32058[/snapback]

Howdy Mike,
    I'm curious, where did you find or see a Rio Bravo soundtrack. I've been looking, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi Bob

I was a French/German CD which was Red River and Rio Bravo. I think it originated from an earlier LP release.

I saw it on ebay recently I will try and find the ad for you.

Mike

• Thanks Mike, I'm gonna go check it out.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

• Howdy All,
    I just wanted you all to know that you are my last chance. I am still looking for a few more soundtracks to round out my collection. I have tried everywhere I can think of, except ebay. I tend to shy away from ebay for soundtracks because the ones I have gotten are rarely in decent shape due to scratches and such. So I am turning to the one group of folks that can help me. I would like to buy, trade, or do just about anything, to get either original soundtracks or dubbed copies of the following:
    Big Jake
    The Searchers
    The High and the Mighty
    The Sands of Iwo Jima
    Barbarian and the Geisha
    In Harm's Way

Can anyone please help me?!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all. Either a posting here or a PM (which would probably be faster). Thanks everyone, I'm counting on you.
    Best to all,
    Colorado Bob

• Thanks Keith

You would be amazed at how many Keiths and Kevins that I know via the internet and work LOL I have an excuse for being confused.

Yes, John Williams is the last of the Great Titans still alive and working. Somehow the music world will not be the same with Hans Zimmer and the like.

Mike

• Oh Well, in that case
    carry on callin me Ethan, at least it's different!!

I honestly believe that the three composers,
    in a few years down will be classed
    as modern classical composers and be treated accordingly.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England