Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,084 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• welcome Emma and Antonio to the board,hope to see you both around

luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• My name's Rob and I'm looking forward to getting to know some fellow Duke fans. I already made a thread introducing myself before I found this thread, so I'll just copy and paste it in here, if that's OK:

Hey folks, my name's Rob. I'm 29 years old and live in Bel Air, MD. I discovered this site a few months back, but had kind of forgot about it until I started getting emails reminding me to come back and visit, so I did. I'm excited to join a community of fellow John Wayne fans, as I don't have many friends who appreciate his films. My favorite Duke films (for now, as I like all of the man's movies and this list can probably change with the wind) include:

The Shootist
    El Dorado
    The Sons Of Katie Elder
    Donovan's Reef
    Flame Of Barbary Coast
    McLintock!
    The Quiet Man

Growing up, one of the local UHF stations used to show older movies at 2 AM, and I used to tape all the John Wayne movies and watch them after school the next day. We didn't have cable, so that was my introduction to John Wayne and I've never looked back. Fortunately I've been able to upgrade those old, well-worn VHS tapes with many of the great Duke DVDs and box sets that have come out in the past few years.

I know I'm gonna have a good time here so thanks for being a part of a great forum. Take care.

• Rob (aka Yojimbo28),

I said "Howdy" to you in another thread, but would like to take this opportunity to officially welcome you to the Original John Wayne Message Board (JWMB for short!).

You have definitely stepped into a most friendly, knowledgeable bunch of John Wayne fans, and a message board FULL of all kinds of information about John Wayne, his movies, his co-stars and any number of other topics that seem to be of interest to John Wayne fans. Grab a cup of coffee :coffee: (or whatever :wink_smile:) and settle down and enjoy!

Looking forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come,

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hey, it's about time that Maryland had another John Wayne fan here. Welcome to the board, Rob. I live in North East Maryland, but grew up in Baltimore. I'm glad to meet you and hope to see you become another member in good standing on this fantastic board. Jump in and have fun.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I'm new to chat rooms all together and don't know how they work, but I do know that being a female does not stop me from being the biggest (my opinion) John Wayne fan ever. I'm partial to the westerns but all his movies are great.

• Hello and welcome to the board, adukefan2. Glad to have you aboard. Jump right in and have fun with the rest of us fans.

Mark

• Hi Folks,
    I haven't posted a message before because I don't know what I'm doing. These threads and things are all new to me so here goes. I've been a John Wayne fan since my dad took me to see "Hondo" in 1953. I was six at the time and I've never gotten over the experience. My favorite movie of all time just happens to star John Wayne (what are the odds?), "Rio Bravo."

I have a number of stories to share with the group but first I want to know if I'm doing this right so I'll keep it short today. Take care,

Larry

• Hi Larry,

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Larry you did just fine with your post.
    Don't worry about making mistakes,
    we all make them , and frequently still do.
    Jump in, and share your stories.
    Post them where you feel they fit,
    don't worry if they're in the wrong forum/thread,
    it's easy for us to move them.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Larry,

It's good to have you with us, and we're glad to see you venturing out with the posting. This forum is different than, say, the Yahoo forums, in that there are many threads where there is a continuing conversation on one topic. Once you get familiar with this format, however, I think you'll really like it.

If you checked out Keith's links, you have found that there is a thread dedicated to just about every John Wayne movie, at least ones where he has an appreciable appearance. And as Keith says, if you happen to 'misplace' a post, it is easy enough for one of the moderators to move it to its appropriate place. Please don't be shy! If you are a genuine fan of Duke and here to help keep his legacy alive, you are in the right place, with an awesome group of fans from all around the world. We'll help you along.

Looking forward to hearing some of your stories,

• Welcome to the board, Larry. As the guys have stated, don't be worried about making mistakes. We all did in the beginning. Just jump in anywhere and enjoy the board. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories once you get comfortable. Don't be a stranger.

Mark

• Howdy All!

Just came across this here forum!

I am a moderator for www.wildwestforum.com. COme on by & check out our forum sometime as well!

I am a FANATIC of all things Old West!

I love the Western lifestyle, movies, Rodeo & Profesional Bull Riding, and I am an avid Western reader. My family is from Morenci, Arizona, as well as Terre Haute, Indiana, and I have traveled through various parts of the West and mid-west, ranging from Texas, Illinois, Indiana, New Mexico, Kansas, the Mississippi Delta, and of course, Arizona. I would like to eventually settle permanently in Arizona. I also enjoy the history of the famous Trails (Chisolm, Overland, etc.), Forts, and just Western history in general.

The things that intrigue me most about the Old West: The Lawmen like The Earps, Wild Bill Hickock, Bat Masterson, Bill Tillghman, Bass Reeves, Frontier Justice, The Outlaws: The James/ Younger Gang, The Clantons/ McLaurys, Billy the Kid.

My favorite Western authors: Louis L'Amour, Ralph Compton, Chuck Lewis (Our own 'Dust Devil!), and Larry McMurtry.

My favorite Western actors: John Wayne (I'm sure that's a shocker to ya' all!), Glenn Ford, James Arness, Jimmy Stewart, Ben Johnson, Clint Eastwood, Audie Murphy, Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot,Val Kilmer, and a slew of others!

Some of my favorite Western Movies are: Lonesome Dove, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Silverado,The Comancheros, True Grit, Hondo, Tombstone, Shane, The Alamo (Billy Bob's version.), How The West Was Won, The Sacketts, etc. (I could keep on going!)

In the television world, I grew up watching Roy Rodgers, The Rifleman, The Big Valley, Bonanza, and my all time favorite Western show: Gunsmoke! After watching Matt Dillon all those years, I always wanted to, and eventually did, become a Law Dog myself. (Since retired due to being injured in the line of duty.)

I also enjoy watching The History Channel (Wild West Technology, The Real West, Civil War Journal.), The Discovery Channel, and of course: Encore Westerns!

I enjoy reading True West magazine (TW Maniac #1438!) as well as Wild West magazine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• Hello and welcome to our friendly forum, Duke Wayne. I'm glad you found us. Look around and feel free to jump in anywhere.

Mark

• Duke_Wayne,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board, one of the best forums dedicated to John Wayne you will find anywhere!

Thank you for your comprehensive introduction! Since you moderate another forum, I'm sure you already feel at home on this one. We'll be checking out your forum SOON!

As you mosey around here, you will come upon some sub-forums which I'm sure will give you much enjoyable reading. There is a Classic TV Westerns section, Classic Western Movies, Western Screen Legends (all set up by moderator ethanedwards), as well as the sections devoted to Duke's movies and co-stars (Pals of the Saddle), also done by ethanedwards (aka Keith). They are a way of maintaining organized discussion on many topic.

Anyway, we look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come! Have fun!