Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 646,440 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yeah, I blame him for my Duke "affliction".... And yes he is a big John Wayne fan. We went to the 100th celebration a couple years ago as well. He retired last fall, my mom and him bought a place on a lake near Alexandria. So they have been spending alot of time up there so far this year. I was in to Fleet Farm awhile back, bought a Carhart stocking cap, I was heading out pheasent hunting with my little brother, Trent.

I have a couple favorite Duke movies. In no particular order they are Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. I guess you could say I like the earlier films more then the later one's. Although I like many of them as well.

Talk to you later, Todd

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Howdy SXViper: This IS a small world!!! I coached your brother on the Domino's Jr. Gold Hockey Team and know your Dad well. I also know your wife's Dad well. I'm an old car guy, just like Denny. He used to own a black 57 Chevy, mine was a metallic brown. I see your Dad often. He stops in where I work--Fleet Farm Supply in Albert Lea.

I LOVE it!! How cool is that?!? Todd, does your dad use a computer?? I think you've got to get him on here, too!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I am a new memeber, there is so much to read on this site, it is hard to keep up with it at times. I love watching ALL of Duke's movies, he has been my hero since I was 13, I am now 53. I can watch time and time again. McClintock was the first John Wayne movie I ever saw as a kid, what a way to get introduced to John Wayne. I have never been to the birthplace, I plan on being there next year for the celebration. Take Care Stagecoach50 in Ohio

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• Howdy and welcome Stagecoach. I am gonna be 52, when I was a kid it was just seeing John Wayne movies on TV. My Dad worked nights and it made going out to movies difficult. Finally he was able to take us to see Big Jake.

• There is so much to read, not enough time in the day. :thumbs_up: I do have a few questions, what exactly is a thread?

• Good question, stagecoach50!

A thread is a topic that starts with a single post (when you choose 'New Thread' within a forum). As the conversation continues (or you choose 'Post Reply' within a thread), the thread becomes longer. On this message board, we have several forums - General Information (which includes the sub-forums Newbie Forum, JWMB YouTube Forum, General Discussions, Off Topic Discussions, The Trading Post, etc.), Duke Movie Discussions, The Maureen O'Hara Forum, and Misc/Board News and announcements.

When you click JWMB - The Original John Wayne Message Board where fans come to have fun! near the top of many pages within the forum, that takes you back to the main forum page, or index.

Within each main forum, there are sub-forums, and within some of the sub-forums there may be a few sub-sub-forums (for the purpose of maintaining some organization). For example, one of the sub-sub-forums is for the John Wayne Picture Game, a weekly game that many of our members enjoy. Each week, dukefan1 starts a new thread, with a poll so we can vote on the previous week's game and a new picture for which we can make funny captions. All the weekly picture game threads are in that smaller forum.

If you scroll down on the main page, you will see a sub-forum entitled Duke Movie Discussions. There, broken down into several sub-sub-forums, you will be able to read about and discuss most of John Wayne's films and many co-stars (both male and female) and directors and others who were involved with Duke's films. Duke Movie Discussions represents probably thousands of hours of work on the part of one of our moderators, Keith (aka ethanedwards), in an effort to build an organized information base.

I hope that helps!

Chester :newyear:

• Thank You for the explanation, IT MAKES SENSE TO ME NOW.
    It does bring on anaother question-Why isn't Wayne Enterprises backing this site, as it does the other? This site is so much more professional with true Wayne fans, and open to ALL. I do not understand why they want to limit who they support.
    Again Thank You Chester you and Chilibill are very helpful.
    And a big THANK YOU for all those who have welcomed me to the site.
    Andy

• Bill- THANK YOU I have been having alot of fun, checking out the different things. I will be happy to ask if I get stuck. I thought the answer on Wayne Enterprises was ALL about money.
    Take Care Andy:teeth_smile:

• Bill-Just a side note my parents are going to visit the museum in Williams, AZ. on Friday. My Dad talked with Buck, and got everything scheduled, they are excited about seeing JW's items.
    Take Care
    Andy

• Hello all I'm new to this forum and I love it I have been a life long John Wayne fan and I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing my love of Duke with you.

It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, It's being willing.

• Hello and welcome to the forum, BigAbwana. I'm glad you found us. You came to the right place to share Duke related stories and stuff. Make yourself at home.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hello all I'm new to this forum and I love it I have been a life long John Wayne fan and I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing my love of Duke with you.

BigAbwana,

We'd like to join the others in welcoming you to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We see you have been a member for a little while, and we're happy to see you getting the hang of making posts.

You have already encountered our friendliness, and I hope as you explore the different threads, you will realize the great base of knowledge that abounds here. If you have a question about John Wayne, there is a good chance that SOMEone here will have an answer for you.

So have fun, and we look forward to seeing more of you!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

P.S. If you are so inclined, check out some of the links in my signature below, and give us an opportunity to get to know you a little better.

• Have a great time, there is plenty to see and talk about on this site. Have Fun
    Andy:teeth_smile: