Paulette Goddard

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,666 times. The latest Post () was by itdo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Roland

I'm starting to look at Paulette Goddard who after packing up making pictures left the United States to live in Switzerland in a town called Ronco and is buried in the local cemetery.
    Is that anywhere near you and after nearly fifteen years is there any evidence that she lived there?

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Strange coincidence you ask me that, Arthur, I just happend to write a story for a magazin about the cemeteries in Switzerland on which dead stars are buried. So in one day I visited the graves of Chaplin, James Mason, Richard Burton, Audrey Hepburn, Sir Peter Ustinov, Peter van Eyck (you might know him from The Longest Day) and David Niven. The only star I didn't include in the story was Paulette, because all the others lived in the French speaking part, at the Lac Leman, and she's in the Italian speaking part. I was down there around August, but it's a private cemetery, not easy to get access. She lived there all right, married to one of the greatest writers, Erich Maria Remarque, who's buried next to her. She came to Switzerland after she divorced Chaplin (ironically they ended up in the same country by different faiths).