There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,593 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey everyone. Glad to be here. Over the past year I have become a John Wayne fan at the age of 30. He passed away when I was five but channels like AMC happily played his movies on Saturdays and I must say I've enjoyed them immensely. I am only sorry I couldn't be around for the excitement of watching his movies in the theater.

• Hi banshee

I would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board the best one on the internet, I hope if you stick around we may be able to create some of that excitement you felt when you first watched the john Wayne films.
    There are certainly a number of people who will make you feel very welcome.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi banshee.

Welcome to the message board.

I see we have had the same approach to this. I have only been learning about John Wayne for about a year. Before that I had seen only a few of his movies. It was only after buying a few of his films on DVD that I realized just how much I have liked them. I really had no plans of staying here for long when I started out, but due to the not too big but very knowledgable and equally friendly and helpful crowd that posts here frequently I felt no call for leaving. What you can learn here and how easy it is to get help here if some questions pop up just makes me come back and it feels like a few minutes to relax and enjoy the discussions going on. And even there are some members who post here that seems to have an incredible amount of knowledge on certain subjects (John Wayne, of course but also filmmaking, guns or whatever your interests are) this is a place where you can ask questions about anything and never recieve any unfriendly words, just good answers.

My hat off to everyone who are here on a regular basis. You know who you are.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Welcome Banshee -

You will find this to be a great internet board. As you watch John Wayne's movies more extensively, you will find more to enjoy. And any questions you have will most likely be answered by the knowledgeable people you find here.

Cheers -

Jay :)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Would like to extend a hearty welcome to you as well Banshee. We have a great group of people who enjoy talking about the Duke. Feel free to ask a question or chime in on a subject anytime. We look forward to hearing from you. Welcome!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• banshee,

As we stated elsewhere, we haven't checked in at the Newbie forum for a few days, and it seems that we missed welcoming you, so . . .

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board!

As Popol Vuh so aptly stated, this is a friendly and knowledgeable bunch, and its not hard to hang out here. We hope you find it to be that way too.

Keep on reading, there is so much to learn. With Jay J. Foraker bringing a myriad of older threads back to the front (he has affectionately been dubbed "the Resurrectionist" :rolleyes: ), you would be amazed at the wide range of discussion opportunities.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• :cowboy: Hello Banshee and welcome to these nice forums. I was lucky to find this site a few months ago and I liked it very much from the get-go. Since first coming here, I have "met" several of these great folks who are on this site and have enjoyed reading their postings about such a great person as The Duke himself.

It has never been a secret to those who know me, at how much of a fan I am of John Wayne and his movies. It is also something I will always be proud of. IMO, I have never enjoyed any other actor's works as much as I have of John Wayne's movies.

One thing I greatly regret is, that I never had seen him on the big screen. The only chance I had was when The Shootist was released. My parents dropped me off at the theater, I tried to get in but they would not allow me in to see that movie without an adult. So, I watched what was playing on screen Nr 2 instead.

TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..