Sad Fate Of Brandy

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,916 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Folks,

Last year I asked if anyone knew what had killed Hatari! actress Michèle Girardon at such an early age (37). After searching around again I came across the answer from the website glamourgirlsofthesilverscreen. Apparently she overdosed on sleeping pills after experiencing a sad love affair.

Belated thanks to Stumpy for helping with the research.

-ncb

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• Yes, truly a shame. She was a nice looking woman. Sad to see what love can do to some people, some times.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Mar 31 2005, 08:00 AM
    Yes, truly a shame. She was a nice looking woman. Sad to see what love can do to some people, some times.

[snapback]15670[/snapback]

The next time you watch Hatari take notice to how many cigarettes are smoked and most of them chained smoked. I'm not a smoker and don't care who is!!!!

• Its true Harold, there was ALLOT of smoking going on in that film. but, I think that was the way it was back in those days.

-John Wayne

• Guys, you don't actually believe they just lit up when the camera was rolling because they felt like a smoke...??

It is so with all of Hawks' movies, from Only Angels Have Wings to his westerns (there usually isn't that much smoking in a western, but in Rio Bravo it even becomes a theme in itself, showing Dude not being able to roll the cigarette) and his adventure films. It helped Hawks to create the relaxed mood for which he was famous, to give a character something to do in a moment where he otherwise would not have much to do (like John T. Chance listening to the DeGuello, smoking).

Clint Eastwood never smoked a cigar until he actually had to learn it for Leone who wanted his Man With No Name character sucking a cigar constantly.

• Back in the 50s especially, it was a sign of sophistication and adulthood to be smoking, actually a "healthy" trait. I think the motion pictures of those days had a lot to do with youngsters taking up the habit (myself included :headbonk: - but I quit in 1971, not because of health reasons - that really did not become a "cause celebre" until later in the decade - but because at 35 cents a pack, it was becoming too expensive for my budget - :lol: ).
    Cheers - Jay ;)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Wow Jay, at 35 cents a pack it might still be worth it, NOT. I bet one of the biggest reasons it was so cheap, along with inflation of course, was there probably was not many taxes imposed on a pack of cigs as there are now. WE have to pay for our stupidity :lol: :headbonk: :lol: Just like that darn fast food!!!!

-John Wayne