There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,960 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This happened in the early 1980s and I was still reveling in being able to spend three days with Duke and his secretary Pat Stacy in Northern California with Bill Hearst Jr. and a small group or other people. :D

One of my pilots had gone to L.A. and pick up Mohammed Ali for the Hearst Newspapers that were doing a story about him for the upcoming Olympics.

After Mohammed Ali and his two huge bodyguards had pretty much trashed my front office at the Paso Robles Airport, and I was just about to call the Sheriff, :angry: I asked him who he thought he was, John Wayne? He very quickly came back and said "Who is John Wayne?" :fear2: I think he was trying to bug me.

He was then very nice to all of my employees and myself, and had one of his bodyguards take pictures of each on of them standing by him with his own Polaroid Camera. :agent:

Boy that Guy knew how to keep himself on the Front Pages of the News Papers!!! B)

If you want to read the story you can go to Mohammed Ali

Chilibill :cowboy:

• Hi Chilibil

Another great story, and photos. Ali was a great boxer, it's sad that he has Parkinsons,

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers.....THE QUIET MAN.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hey Bill!

That was some punch on Ali. I must say that he look in great health. I got to meet with him some 10 years later in New York. He was ill from the disease, and lost a lot of his spirit. He was passing me by at Times Square, and I got a picture of him passing out his cards. It is sad to see what an illness can do to a strong man, and Mohammed Ali was struck by this.

Good to read your story.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Chilibill -
    Great story and picture. I love :wub: all your many stories as, I am sure, do all the JW members. Your pictures are fantastic as well. Keep 'em coming!
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"