I'm New, Be Gentle!

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,255 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am a dedicated Duke fan and have been for as long as I can remember. I am 42 years of age and live just outside Birmingham in England.

My favourite John Wayne film is El Dorado and the one I am not keen on is RioLobo.

I am also interested in films generally :D and football in my country and the Cleveland Indians baseball team. :jump::jump:

• Hi True Grit - welcome to the John Wayne Message Board (I almost typed "massage" - well, this is such a great place to come to that visitors here do get a massage of sorts.) - you'll find info on our favorite actor, John Wayne, his movies and other interesting things as well as movies in general and other side topics. Join us often and have fun. You'll find "El Dorado" is high on a lot of the members' lists. "Rio Lobo" gets mixed reactions.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi true grit,
    WELCOME to the JWMB.
    I originate from the West Midlands,
    so it's great to have a fellow Brummie aboard.
    Which area do you live in?
    Log on the the Real Senior Members site,
    I'll edit you in to our members, years of birth.
    Good luck.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• True Grit,

Or should that be True Brit?? :D

WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board! We have a nice, active contingent from the UK, as you will discover quite quickly as you get to know us better. As for me and the Mrs., we are from the West Coast of the US of A, in sunny California.

As far as heading over to the Real Senior Members thread - be warned! It's a pretty rambunctious lot (but we love 'em all :wub: ), even a touch bawdy :o . But you will discover a more serious side as you check out the other threads around here (but almost always friendly and often fun-loving :rolleyes: ).

Now I hope I didn't scare you off :fear2: with all that - we hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you better.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Got a question, Keith. I recently read that Torquay is the only place in England where palm trees grow. Is that true? I would not have thought that anyplace in the British isles had palms.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Jim,
    Yes indeed, it is a marvel, I know, for England.
    We do have palm trees growing, not great big ones, but nevertheless, palm trees.We have them in Torquay,
    and some of my neighbours, have them in their gardens!!
    They grow mainly, down here in the South-West,
    mainly in Devon and Cornwall,which sometimes,
    can be many more degrees warmer, throughout the year,
    then it is up country!!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi True Grit

I would just like to add my welcome to a fellow Brit. I'm from the south living in Portsmouth. Hope to get to know you beter ad also hat you will enjoy yourself here.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low