What Movie Was This?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,727 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy All,
    My wife and watched a western a few years ago that had DeForrest Kelly (Dr. McCoy from Star Trek) in it, and we can't for the life of us remember the title of the film. What made it so memorable was a line he said when he was trying to care for a wounded cowboy. He said something to the effect of "What can I do, I'm a cowboy not a doctor!" After all the times we had watched him on Star Trek saying "I'm a doctor, not a (fill in the blank)" we couldn't stop laughing.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi

My first reaction was Gunfight at the OK Corral as I didn't think he made many westerns. IMDB thinks differently as you can see:-

Waco (1966) .... Bill Rile
    Apache Uprising (1966) .... Toby Jack Saunders
    Town Tamer (1965) .... Guy Tavenner
    Black Spurs (1965) .... Sheriff #1
    Gunfight at Comanche Creek (1963) .... Amos Troop... aka Gun Fight at Comanche Creek (USA: poster title)
    Warlock (1959) .... Curley Burne
    ... aka Shoot Out at Warlock (USA: reissue title)
    The Law and Jake Wade (1958) (as De Forest Kelley) .... Wexley
    Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) .... Morgan Earp
    Tension at Table Rock (1956) .... Jim Breck

Hope you remember.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Actually, DeForest Kelly did make a lot of Westerns. Kelly also made many-a-TV-western appearances too. One not on the list from Arthur that I know he was in though he spoke no lines was: Major Dundee. Kelly was one of the Confederate Soldiers that was in the background just before Pvt Hadley (Warren Oates) was to be executed for desertion and stealing food. I/ve seen him in several other Westerns as a minor character including Glenn Ford westerns. Sorry I cannot place what movie he was in when he said the above mentioned line.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Bob,
    I've got some of the films on that list of westerns he made,
    so I'll check on them
    However I know it wasn't GUNFIGHT AT OK CORRAL
    THE LAW AND JAKE WADE or WARLOCK
    If I come across it, I'll make a post later,

Best Wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England